Michael Baumann 2021

Just Regular

He was a man against boys tonight. 94-96, nice hard breaking slider and swing and miss change. He certainly looks ready and healthy for Norfolk. I would not be surprised if he's not in Baltimore by the second half of the season.

11 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He was a man against boys tonight. 94-96, nice hard breaking slider and swing and miss change. He certainly looks ready and healthy for Norfolk. I would not be surprised if he's not in Baltimore by the second half of the season.

I am hoping for him up here (not that I want to see him rushed) sometime in the 2nd half.  For right now, the "mid-level" SP prospects have disappointed at AAA and the majors so far this season, not that we can write any of them off just yet.  

58 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Looks like he's going to stay in Bowie for a while. Tide's twitter feed says Baumann reinstated from Norfolk injured list and transfer of option from Norfolk to Bowie. 

I wouldn’t bet on it, depending on how Baumann performs.   I’d say 2-3 good starts in Bowie and he’d be on his way to Norfolk.   

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wouldn’t bet on it, depending on how Baumann performs.   I’d say 2-3 good starts in Bowie and he’d be on his way to Norfolk.   

Could he just jump straight to Baltimore from Bowie if he’s dominant enough?

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

There was an error mixed in there that didn’t help, plus he hit the leadoff hitter.    Bad outing but hopefully he’ll be better next time out.   

Error by Patrick Dorian. Baumann def didn’t look good but Bishop (not familiar with him) looked atrocious.