Jordan Westburg 2021

UMDTerrapins

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

To the east side?

His OPS is. We want to have SS prospects. We want to see guys promoted. Then when Westburg and Gunnar “struggle” a bit, then it’s an issue Westburg is making a 3 level leap this year. Gunnar played a handful of games above HS before this year. 

Everyone slumps. These are big time prospects. 

37 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

His OPS is. We want to have SS prospects. We want to see guys promoted. Then when Westburg and Gunnar “struggle” a bit, then it’s an issue Westburg is making a 3 level leap this year. Gunnar played a handful of games above HS before this year. 

Everyone slumps. These are big time prospects. 

Was a Jefferson's reference.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, Can_of_corn said:

He's 22 and listed at 6'3" 203.  How much do you expect him to fill out?

He’ll probably be at least 220 lbs. Depends on what they do with him positionally. Mountcastle put on some weight this past year, in his legs particularly. 

48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he's 220 does that move him off of short?

Not sure. I see him as an athletic 3B, one who can cover a lot of ground with the current shift configurations. Tulowitzki was all that, ARod, Cal…IDK. Depends on where he adds the weight, what proportion. And I do not think he’ll add all of that next year. He may be more than his listed 203 right now. Those listed weights are often off by quite a bit. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Well the NFL Rams franchise deserves some mention as they started in Cleveland in 1937, moved to LA in 1946, moved to St. Louis in 1995 and back to LA in 2016.  Fascinating that in each stop they have won a season’s ultimate prize (either NFL championship or Super Bowl)! To add some extra spice to the Rams franchise history they were involved with the Baltimore Colts in what was the largest trade of all time as described here. https://www.nfl.com/news/sidelines/digging-into-the-colts-and-rams-1972-franchise-swap-was-the-greatest-biggest-tra
    • I still say crochet isn’t traded. It makes sense for Chicago to trade him but they could still get a ton for him in the offseason or at the deadline next year if things go right. I do not feel his value is at its peak right now BUT his value does risk to take a huge drop if they don’t trade him. It’s not an easy spot to be in for anyone involved in this decision.  
    • I don’t think many/any want or are eager to get rid of any of our very talented young players/prospects. However, I for one, am even less eager to see us roll with the pitching staff as is. The question/dilemma is what is the right amount of talent to acquire this year (and potentially beyond given the state of the rotation) to give us the best shot possible to be successful in October? And how to we balance that against our future potential/possibilities that some of the young players provide. It’s a very precarious position that Elias is in. We all hope that he makes great decisions that lead to both success now and in the future. But I get where you are coming from Kjerstad seems to have an elite power tool as the ball seems to really carry off of his bat.
    • I’m disappointed more O’s didn’t get in, but it’s hardly the biggest travesty in all star history, so, shrug. Jim Palmer mentioned on the broadcast that he didn’t make the All Star team two of the three times he won the Cy Young.  
    • I get that everybody wants the best of both worlds. But 2 questions: 1) What would be the plan for the pitching next year if we just went the rental/shortest term route? 2) Is Quantrill a guy that you trust making postseason starts? If so, what gives you confidence in him?
    • Because it's an attempt to curb one team's fanbase from stuffing the ballot.
  • Popular Contributors