Is this team bad enough for the number 1 pick?

Greenpastures23

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

I hope not. I want to win.

what was it the guy said?

”I want to win the last game of the season.”

Certainly. But when you are rebuilding like this, it's a solid consolation prize for the future.

2023 is suppose to be the year where they really compete If things go as planned.

A number 1 pick next year in June may start playing 2024

52 minutes ago, Greenpastures23 said:

Certainly. But when you are rebuilding like this, it's a solid consolation prize for the future.

2023 is suppose to be the year where they really compete If things go as planned.

A number 1 pick next year in June may start playing 2024

Where did you get that from?

I don't recall anyone in a position of power saying anything of the sort.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Where did you get that from?

I don't recall anyone in a position of power saying anything of the sort.

I said that. Now the position of power part is debatable, even in my own household but I find that a realistic timeline. 
I wouldn’t find being at the bottom or close this year an epic failure in the rebuild but next year I expect things to be middle of the road. From there, I would expect the Os to compete 2023 and be in the discussion for the playoffs later in the season. Win it all, be a nice surprise.  But contending for a playoff spot is what I expect. You might be able to push me off one more year but the seeds are planted and we should have a good idea of the fruits of those labors soon.  

::Then again the Os tend to be more like the 17 year cicada than an annual or semi annual crop::

This batch of arms is just not producing. Kremer, Zimmerman. Akin, and Lowther. They’re the worst rotation pieces in the MLB right now. Alex Wells is a soft tossed and Baumann was hurt. The “Calvary” is here. They need to produce. 

The good news is that these are Duquette’s guys. That “sell off” DD did at the deadline is looking terrible. 

8 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This batch of arms is just not producing. Kremer, Zimmerman. Akin, and Lowther. They’re the worst rotation pieces in the MLB right now. Alex Wells is a soft tossed and Baumann was hurt. The “Calvary” is here. They need to produce. 

The good news is that these are Duquette’s guys. That “sell off” DD did at the deadline is looking terrible. 

I'll be honest.......most of them didn't excite me.  Zimmerman was a throw-in piece to the Gausman deal.  Akin is OK, but if he was a righty, we wouldn't be discussing him.  You hit Wells perfectly, and not a big Lowther fan either.  Kremer was producing good results for arguably one of the best analytics organizations, and it continued here, and Baumann did benefit quite a bit from that as well.  While I own both Kremer and Baumann in a 30 team dynasty league, neither of them is likely going to be better than a #3 starter.  The other guys listed are likely bullpen arms if that.  

We still have a ways to go to get to the meat and potatoes of the pitching crop.  

• Upvote 2