Hyde: "We are finding out about our guys."

wildcard

Amids Hyde's frustration from losing he seems most focused on the offense not performing.  Making excuses for the pitchers.    What he is finding out is that many of hitters can't he good pitching.   This would seem to point at Mountcastle,  Stewart, Severino, Sisco, Wilkerson, Valaika.  I would add Franco but he is hitting .280 over his last 7 games.

With Wynns, Cumberland and McCoy hitting pretty well at AAA there could be changes in the near future.   DFAing players to make room for these three seems like the hardest thing for Elias to do.  Not because other then Mountcastle and maybe Stewart these players are part of the future.  But rather because when they DFA players they can lose them from the organization and if injuries hit there is no depth to fall back on.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

We just need a good defensive catcher. Do either of those fit that bill? Let's help the young pitchers.

Wynns is a plus defensive catcher that normally does not hit well.  But he is hitting AAA pitching now.

If a player is bad, why do we want to keep him in the system? We have a system of 100 guys with varying degrees of ability.

I don’t know why we should be worried about losing Sisco or Valaika or Severino, Even if they suddenly improve at their new location. Who cares, they didn’t here and they did there. More power to them.

we can Option MC or Sisco and possibly even Severino without losing them, and there are guys who could be DFA-Ed before them, if that’s an issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I did.  But I don't think Wynns, Cumberland and McCoy are really going to ignite this offense.  

Ignite?  Probably not.  But maybe pass the baton to the better hitters in the order once Mancini and Hays are back.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I appreciate your concerns about the catching but I think we can all agree that the situation is having placeholders until AR is ready.  

Duh.

Until our Savior arrives, how about having the best possible placeholders? 
If this guy sux less then that guy, why keep playing that guy?
(I won’t name names, that would be impolite.)

But if the guys we have are proven terrible, and the guys on the farm are possibly less terrible, or even perhaps actually good in one area, why not make a change?