Will we soon be better than the Nats?

Frobby

7 hours ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Lol. They won a championship in 2019, the Os roughly 40 years prior to that but your concern is with the Nationals? Hilarious. Os fans never grounded in reality. They just rebuilt with a few trades and likely are around 15th or so. Plus their first rounder in 2020… at like 20? I think?…. Cade Cavelli is tearing it up. We took Kjerstad that year….I know, I know….nobody could have predicted that…

This board just makes excuses for ineptitude and poor management like I have never seen anywhere else. “You can’t judge this draft for 4-5 years…Yada yada”. “Nobody knew Yaz would be a star” says the org with a GM from a scouting background….

At some point Bro, it’s not her, it’s you. 

Ok Rene. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:37 PM, Frobby said:

What the F is your problem?  I’m perfectly aware of the Orioles problems. Nobody could read my posts and think I don’t know that the O’s have been a terrible team the last four years and still have a ways to go to be competitive.  

You can’t judge a draft for 4-5 years.  I’m not talking about the Orioles draft this year. I’m talking about any team’s draft in any year.   Let’s take the 2018 draft.  Only 15 players drafted in the 1st/1st supplemental have reached the majors yet, none of whom have accumulated more than 2.5 rWAR.   Drop to the 2nd round, three guys have reached the majors.   But we know from past experience that eventually, probably 64-75% of the first rounders will reach the majors and 35-50% of the second rounders will.   So tell me, who won the 2018 draft?

I’m sick of your condescending, know it all attitude.   Go to Omniscience Hangout and you can knowingly discuss baseball with higher beings like yourself.   

Listen Frobby, people look up to you on here. In my opinion, you give the Os too many benefits of the doubts. You certainly are an intelligent, thoughtful man. And I do know & hear things from personal relationships I have made throughout my life. I was told from multiple sources, Os won’t be sold until Peter passes. Timetable tbd so hedging bets perhaps? Why would a franchise that is trying to close the gap in the AL East take a second corner OFer when 2 franchise Ss’s were there for the taking? Sure, risk is less but you got to take chances when so much of a gap exists. It’s not judging the draft, it’s judging bad logic.

8 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Listen Frobby, people look up to you on here. In my opinion, you give the Os too many benefits of the doubts. You certainly are an intelligent, thoughtful man. And I do know & hear things from personal relationships I have made throughout my life. I was told from multiple sources, Os won’t be sold until Peter passes. Timetable tbd so hedging bets perhaps? Why would a franchise that is trying to close the gap in the AL East take a second corner OFer when 2 franchise Ss’s were there for the taking? Sure, risk is less but you got to take chances when so much of a gap exists. It’s not judging the draft, it’s judging bad logic.

Well, I do give the Orioles the benefit of the doubt.   It’s not just the Orioles.   It’s in my nature to give people the benefit of the doubt.   It’s also in my nature not to think I know more than people who spend their professional lives working at something.  

Like I said before, there was a thread that asked people to give their preliminary grade on the draft, and I gave it a D.   So it’s not like I loved their draft.   But at the same time, that grade is what it is — “preliminary.”   It will be years before Elias is proven right or wrong.   

I don’t agree with you that you automatically draft a SS over an OF.   It depends on your assessment of the players - how much upside is there, what’s the floor, what’s the degree of risk.  And not everyone will see it the same way.   Plus, there’s the matter of whether the extra $2 mm buys you players who are worth more than any difference there is between the two players.

For now, I’m just rooting for Elias to be proven right.  I want to be clear: I don’t know that he is.   Time will tell.  

• Like 1