Kyle Stowers 2021

Frobby

Kyle Stowers is having a kind of interesting under the radar season.  Currently he’s hitting .261/.386/.478 with  6 homers and 29 RBI in 31 games.   He has a lot of swing and miss in his game, 48 K’s in 140 PA, and he also walks a ton.  Those K’s are a big worry but he’s still pretty interesting to watch.   

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

HR #11 overall tonight. Is he turning into a top 10/15 prospect within the organization by the time next season's lists are released?

He should be. Has the speed and athleticism to play center with a 60 grade arm. High OBP and huge game power. He does have pretty big swing and miss concerns though. Fangraphs had him at #12 and with the season he’s having he probably earned himself a top 10 ranking there at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTO's said:

He should be. Has the speed and athleticism to play center with a 60 grade arm. High OBP and huge game power. He does have pretty big swing and miss concerns though. Fangraphs had him at #12 and with the season he’s having he probably earned himself a top 10 ranking there at least.

Does he have speed to play center? 

57 minutes ago, waroriole said:

76 Ks in 185 ABs is more than a problem. No way he’ll be able to hit ML pitching. I’m guessing he’s just selling out for HRs in most ABs. 

K's at 28% so far in July after K'ing near 38% in June, so there is some improvement there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

K's at 28% so far in July after K'ing near 38% in June, so there is some improvement there. 

He walks a lot too. I wonder if his Ks are more swinging or looking. If he’s trying to establish the strike zone that’s much better than just not being able to put the bat on the ball. 

50 minutes ago, wildcard said:

MLB prospect ranking says he has average speed and projects as a left fielder.

That’s what I always thought. I also think I’ve read (somewhere?) that he’s got an arm that could play in right but I don’t recall anything about him being a potential CF. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joelala said:

That’s what I always thought. I also think I’ve read (somewhere?) that he’s got an arm that could play in right but I don’t recall anything about him being a potential CF. 

I recall when he was drafted, some were saying he might have enough speed to do so. I don’t see a good fit there. 

57 minutes ago, waroriole said:

He walks a lot too. I wonder if his Ks are more swinging or looking. If he’s trying to establish the strike zone that’s much better than just not being able to put the bat on the ball. 

The game I attended, he struck out in consecutive at bats.   5 of the 6 strikes were fastballs above the belt that he couldn’t catch up to.  So it looked like high heat was a weakness.  

• Upvote 1