Moves I would like to see between now and July 31

Sports Guy

Once we trade Mancini, Mountcastle will be the everyday 1B, so there will be an opening at DH. Hopefully, that will give us a chance to rotate Santander and Hays through there to keep them healthy. 

At this point, I want to see what we have. 

1B - Mountcastle

2B - Jones

SS - Urias

3B - Leyba

CF - Mullins

LF - Hays

RF - McKenna 

C - Cover my eyes till AR

DH - Santander/Hays/Stewart

19 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Jones, Urias, Lebya infield the rest of the way. See if any of them can be anything. You may find a utility player or two for the future in there. Maybe we can see enough offense from Jones and reason to hope for defensive improvement. Honestly, it doesn't change our season's outlook.

Yeah but next year isn't looking any better.  We have literally nothing (beyond utility best case) in the  pipeline before 2023.  Think we need to make a move outside the org.

1 minute ago, connja said:

Yeah but next year isn't looking any better.  We have literally nothing (beyond utility best case) in the  pipeline before 2023.  Think we need to make a move outside the org.

There is a very good chance we draft a SS. Honestly, we’re not going to contend until 2023, so I’d stick Urias there. We need to at least find out if the bat can play at the MLB level. 

55 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

There is a very good chance we draft a SS. Honestly, we’re not going to contend until 2023, so I’d stick Urias there. We need to at least find out if the bat can play at the MLB level. 

Also not every SS drafted ends up playing SS, but many high school and college team's best player is playing at SS.

My draft philosophy is take BPA regardless of position unless there is a tie between two players. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Once we trade Mancini, Mountcastle will be the everyday 1B, so there will be an opening at DH. Hopefully, that will give us a chance to rotate Santander and Hays through there to keep them healthy. 

At this point, I want to see what we have. 

1B - Mountcastle

2B - Jones

SS - Urias

3B - Leyba

CF - Mullins

LF - Hays

RF - McKenna 

C - Cover my eyes till AR

DH - Santander/Hays/Stewart

This, except I am fine with Santander/Stewart/Diaz manning right field and DH, and McKenna staying as a solid fourth OF. 

28 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Stewart has a 681 OPS currently,   733 career OPS.  Not exactly DH material.

He’s been in a pretty bad slump the last 2-3 weeks that dropped his OPS from .749 to its current level.  Hopefully he can get going again.  But he’s obviously a big step down from Mancini.   

Btw, the moves I outlined here are obviously selling off moves.

I am not opposed to buying either.  Still wondering if German Marquez will be put up for trade.  The Os should be in on him and any other cost controlled young talented player.  You don’t have to wait until you are good to buy.  

21 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I know he's not the long-term answer, and it's just a SSS for the SS, but does Urias have the best percentage of good at bats on the team?  And is there a stat for that?  

22 hours ago, connja said:

I'd be pretty shocked if at least Adley Rutschman and Grayson Rodriguez didn't debut next year and make an impact. Quite possibly D.L. Hall, too.

Kyle Bradish, Terrin Vavra, Kevin Smith, Yusniel Diaz and Jahmai Jones will also probably debut this year or next. Who knows if any of them will be any good though.

We certainly have something better than utility before 2023