Drinking Yankee Tears

HowAboutThat

This is apparently the sixth worst offense in franchise history.

According to this article: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-yankees-are-trusting-the-process-thats-been-hard-this-season/

That’s pretty bad, considering we’re talking about, what, 119 years?

Posted  by ApeLieUproar  on Jul 3, 2021 | 5:18 PM

VBqeMyA.png

Posted  by ApeLieUproar  on Jul 3, 2021 | 5:25 PM

I’m surprised it’s not the worst. It has to be the most boring in history to watch

Posted  by Higgy20  on Jul 3, 2021 | 5:33 PM

"I think I’ll be, as a manager, someone who isn’t chasing after wins every day," he said when he was officially introduced as Joe Girardi’s successor. "I want to get lost into the process. By doing that, I think we have a chance to get the best out of our players."
Think about that long and hard. I would’ve fired him on the spot.

Laff laff laff..

https://youtu.be/2LM0CZZ9Uw8

45 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Looking at that chart, what the heck happened in '25?  You think of the Yankees as running roughshod over the 20s and early 30s.  Maybe @DrungoHazewood can enlighten him, although that might be a bit too recent for him.

Probably more than one cause, but '25 was the year Ruth had a "stomach ache" from "drinking too much soda and eating too many hot dogs".  Probably all washed down with 22 beers and some VD. He only played 98 games and that was the only year between 1919 and 1932 he didn't have a 1.100+ OPS.  Gehrig also had an off year, and their 2B/SS/3B were pretty awful.