Why is Mullins sitting?

Philip

Unless he is injured there is no reason whatsoever to sit the teams’s best player, especially when the resulting lineup is so much weaker.

If the Lords of B-More want to sabotage the team there are more subtle ways of doing it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, olddogger said:

Unless there is a player in the lineup to showcase him for the Angels (or other scouts).

Do you think the Angels are the least bit interested in Stewart? Hell, WE aren’t even interested in him.

Honestly, who knows. Maybe he’s banged up a bit. Maybe they were trying to get him a day off since he now (deservedly so) won’t really get an all-star break. I don’t know, but maybe there is a logical reason. 

All I know is I’m happy that he eventually got in the game. 

1 minute ago, lovetoaster said:

maybe there is a logical reason. 

There isn’t. He was 0-9 last two games, but so what? You don’t sit your best hitter when he goes 0-for a couple games, because he’s also your best defender.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I don't question giving Mullins a day off, but why give him a day off before an off day?

Because then he would get two days off in a row.

You do know Mullins isn't going to get the all star break off like the rest of the team right?

You worried this might negatively impact the team's playoff chances?

• Upvote 2

On 7/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, Philip said:

And THAT is why sitting a healthy Mullins so Stewart can start is STUPID

McKenna, not Stewart, started instead of Mullins. Or are you saying that just to have an opportunity to bash DJ? Oh yeah, DJ was starting in place of someone else: the limping Santander.

• Upvote 2