Tuesday's game in Tampa will not be on MASN

SteveA

It will air exclusively on youtube.com.

It will also feature the first all female broadcast crew in MLB history.   Melanie Newman on play by play, analyst Sarah Langs, and field reporter Alanna Rizzo.

[From Roch on masnsports.com]

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

For the die hards out there that still haven't cut the cord so they can continue to watch the O's on MASN this seems a little messed up.  Why can't they still show the game on MASN and do an alternative option on Youtube?

Now, if they want to show a Bowie game instead of an O's game on MASN here and there in the second half, count me in.

The woman angle is perfectly fine with me. I think they do a great job analyzing baseball and basketball in particular. Not sure I agree on football, though I'm sure some out there are excellent. I do think there's a ton of real experience and knowledge in baseball and basketball though.

56 minutes ago, SteveA said:

It will air exclusively on youtube.com.

It will also feature the first all female broadcast crew in MLB history.   Melanie Newman on play by play, analyst Sarah Langs, and field reporter Alanna Rizzo.

[From Roch on masnsports.com]

Who are Sarah Langs and Alanna Rizzo?

Just now, Frobby said:

Who are Sarah Langs and Alanna Rizzo?

This is a national production.   Melanie actually did play by play for an earlier MLB game this year that was broadcast on Youtube.   So she has a side gig with Youtube and it just happens that Youtube is doing this game. 

Youtube has been doing about one national telecast each week for the last couple months.   However, I don't think that the other ones were exclusive like this one is (i.e. they were still broadcast on the team's local RSNs; this one is not).

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

For the die hards out there that still haven't cut the cord so they can continue to watch the O's on MASN this seems a little messed up.  Why can't they still show the game on MASN and do an alternative option on Youtube?

Nothing is preventing the cable viewers from watching on Youtube. What would be the point of broadcasting twice when they already have access to a broadcast?

42 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

The woman angle is perfectly fine with me. I think they do a great job analyzing baseball and basketball in particular. Not sure I agree on football, though I'm sure some out there are excellent. I do think there's a ton of real experience and knowledge in baseball and basketball though.

Worst case they can move from the booth to the field and replace some of our starting pitching.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Langs is an ESPN writer.  She knows her stuff.  I know the name Alanna Rizzo but don't know what she does.

Glad to see that they're doing the all-female training wheels on a free game that no one will care about.  

Alanna Rizzo worked for the MLB Network for a while and then left to become the "sideline" reporter for the Dodgers.  Now she is back on MLB Network...mostly on High Heat with Chris Russo.

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Everyone has access to YouTube on a TV?

If you have a Smart TV or a streaming device like Apple TV or Roku, then you can download  and view on the YouTube app.

I imagine for some older viewer this will be quite the challenge, but they can always watch on Youtube from their computer. 

• Upvote 1