A glimmer of hope on Kjerstad?

Frobby

44 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Just curious. Is Kjerstad prevented from all physical activity? Can he/does he play catch? Hit off a tee? Go to a batting range? (And maybe a degree more straining  than those, watch Oriole games ??)

I would assume Kjerstad is able to do some exercises or activities, otherwise they wouldn't be putting out word that he might start engaging in baseball activities before the year is over.

I was starting to think Kjerstad would recover from myocarditis, but have to retire from baseball. Just putting it out there Kjerstad might resume his baseball career indicates his health has improved, and that's more important than him living up to his first round billing. 

9 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I read this earlier, I didnt take it as if they know he will soon resume activities, just hoping that he will. 

Correct.  But better than reporting that they think he won’t be able to resume before season end.   

My guess is that at best he’d get in a limited number of at bats in the FCL and make it to Fall Instructs.  I do not expect him on a full season club at any point this year.   

20 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I don't see any reason why he would continue baseball activities this year with a life threatening illness.  The risk/reward just doesn't make sense.  If he has no recurring symptoms let's just aim for Spring 2022. 

I'm sure that's all being monitored. 

• Upvote 1