Os trade Galvis to Phillies

Sports Guy

27 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I would think that Burch's 15.2 K/9 IP is more than slightly above the league average, even if it's 12-something as Drungo mentioned. I wonder what types of pitches he relies on for the Ks.

Fangraphs Longenhagen went more granular on the tidbit about his org-leading swinging strike rate (though that is just the Phillies org).

Strikeouts themselves are such an unhelpful large sample size - more granular is more cowbell!   Plus, they are an outcome not a process!

This profile kind of takes me back to Chris Ray just in the player type of...is there such a thing as a relief pitcher prospect?

2 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Fangraphs Longenhagen went more granular on the tidbit about his org-leading swinging strike rate (though that is just the Phillies org).

Strikeouts themselves are such an unhelpful large sample size - more granular is more cowbell!   Plus, they are an outcome not a process!

This profile kind of takes me back to Chris Ray just in the player type of...is there such a thing as a relief pitcher prospect?

Thanks for the good tip--will take a look.

• 2 months later...
On 7/31/2021 at 12:39 PM, interloper said:

Have to love getting something for Galvis beyond a PTBNL or cash. Not sure what the Phillies are doing over there. The farm needs some relief prospects and hopefully they move this guy aggressively. AA seems like the move to me.

So is Burch considered a prospect?  He made it to Bowie and had very good SO and W rates at each level - though didn't accumulate many innings.  

Let's hope Burch can ascend the Melvin Mora Ladder!   I think the most I've seen this year on options back and forth of a reliever with them is 20.   Your one inning of domination any given night takes 28 pitches, not 14, and being down the next day has a whole new meaning.   I can believe him being part of the Top 20 Orioles pitchers in 2023.