Bullpen help is arriving soon

interloper

Jokes aside about Scott and Harvey, this trio does represent a significant and much needed boost to the bullpen.

Add to that the possibility of a J.B. Wendelken waiver claim and we could be seeing a good amount of addition by subtraction going on. 

Mattson, Plutko, Knight, Wells, and Valdez are all probably vulnerable.

I'd like to see more of Diplan who I thought looked wonderfully competent out there in his only appearance so far.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looking forward to seeing Wells return.  Not really excited about Mr. Glass and Time-bomb Tanner.  Those guys have a lot of upside but they're exasperating.  

Agreed but at this point we just need live bodies.   

I was happy to see Paul Fry pull himself together yesterday, albeit in a relatively low leverage situation.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The injuries/subpar performances from Scott and Harvey have been big downers for me this year.

Not that I didn’t expect injuries to Harvey and/or up and down play from these guys but I was hoping for a more IP and more consistency overall.

Harvey is lucky we have so few options in the pen right now. One of these times in the future he may not make it off the IL to replace someone. I think if he strings together a fairly long stretch at the big league level next year, we gotta think about trading him. Because the other option is he gets hurt again, goes on the IL, doesn't have a spot in the 'pen and he's just a DFA. 

I can fantasize that the next game I go to, a week from Saturday vs Atlanta, we will have a healthy Zimmerman in the rotation, Wells will be our closer, our 8th inning guys will be a healthy Hunter Harvey and a Tanner Scott who is over the knee injury and pitching well again, and our 6th and 7th inning guys will be Tate (past his recent rough stretch), Sulser, and Wendelken.   Ryan Mountcastle will be back in the lineup, Mateo will still be hot and sharing SS/2B with Martin and Urias, Franco will still; be playing as well as he has the last couple weeks, and maybe Severino's sore leg puts him on the IL and we will be giving a tryout to Cumberland.  Harvey and Watkins are still doing what they've done the past few weeks, the 6 inning 100 pitch Lopez we have seen the past two starts isn't a mirage, and Means is Means.

I think that's a pretty good major league baseball team.

I don't want to open my eyes now.

• Upvote 1