If you could have any O's HoFer added to this franchise right now...

Moose Milligan

Which Orioles Hall of Famer would you add to the current roster?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which Orioles Hall of Famer would you add to the current roster?

• SP Jim Palmer
    • 3B Brooks Robinson
    • RF Frank Robinson
    • 1B Eddie Murray
    • SS Cal Ripken

5 hours ago, MijiT88 said:

I remember my uncle telling me about bobby grich as a kid, and then meeting him as a teen. Followed by watching videos and studying his stats because I was born 2 years after he stopped playing. Man he is so underrated!

Wow, that's who I had in mind - I didn't think others would agree.  And remember, he would have come up as a shortstop - but the O's felt that Belanger was too valuable to move.   

When he was at his best, Cal was the best of them all. He was a game changer defensively and when at bat. Of course Frank Robinson was the better hitter, but he was a defensive liability. 

Palmer was great and a Hall of Famer, but I actually think he's a little overrated on here. He benefitted greatly from an elite defense and guys like McNally, Cuellar, Dobson all did too. 

So overall I picked Cal, but this is a good poll question for sure, it makes you think. 

On 8/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, O-The-Memories said:

When he was at his best, Cal was the best of them all. He was a game changer defensively and when at bat. Of course Frank Robinson was the better hitter, but he was a defensive liability. 

I think if you are talking about the player’s best seasons, Cal does get the nod over Frank.   Frank was more consistent.   Obviously Cal did have more defensive value by a good margin.   

On 8/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, O-The-Memories said:

Palmer was great and a Hall of Famer, but I actually think he's a little overrated on here. He benefitted greatly from an elite defense and guys like McNally, Cuellar, Dobson all did too. 

So overall I picked Cal, but this is a good poll question for sure, it makes you think. 

Palmer's career FIP was 3.50 compared to his lifetime 2.86 ERA.  Still really good, but there's a bit of separation there.