Angels in town with 21 losses in a row directly in the crosshairs.

Moose Milligan

Here it is, sports fans.  The Orioles are looking at tying and possibly breaking their own record for futility this week.

After a much needed off-day tomorrow, the Angels are in town for three.

Your pitching matchups:

Tuesday:  Our old friend Dylan Bundy vs. Spenser Watkins, a battle of the heavyweights.  Bundy has a 6.04 ERA, Watkins is sporting a 5.63 ERA.

Wednesday:  Shohei Ohtani vs. TBD.  I'm sure whoever we match up with vs. Ohtani has a chance.

Thursday:  TBD vs. TBD

Better get one Tuesday or Thursday if we don't want to end up tying the record.  Rays in town Friday and you can chalk that one up as a loss.  Could be #22.

• Upvote 2

Other historic streaks to keep an eye on:

1961 Philadelphia Phillies 23 straight losses ( modern record). We can break this record on 8/29 in game 3 against Rays.

1889 Louisville Colonels 26 straight losses (all time MLB record).  We can break this record on 9/1 in game 3 against the Jays.

The record watch is on!

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I have tickets to the game Ohtani is pitching.   Very excited to see him.  

What??? In the Angels thread you had asked if anyone wanted the tix. Glad to see you came to your senses.

Ohtani may be the most exciting player in baseball. You might get to see a guy hit a HR, steal a base and also pitch at a high level.

14 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

What??? In the Angels thread you had asked if anyone wanted the tix. Glad to see you came to your senses.

Ohtani May be the most exciting player in baseball. You might get to see a guy hit a HR, steal a base and also pitch at a high level.

And the Orioles couldn't even be bothered to make him an offer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fitzi22 said:

Other historic streaks to keep an eye on:

1961 Philadelphia Phillies 23 straight losses ( modern record). We can break this record on 8/29 in game 3 against Rays.

1889 Louisville Colonels 26 straight losses (all time MLB record).  We can break this record on 9/1 in game 3 against the Jays.

The record watch is on!

Angelos deserves all that and more.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And the Orioles couldn't even be bothered to make him an offer.

Not sure how it happened, but I've started reading all of your posts in an Eeyore voice, from Winnie the Pooh.

Edited by owknows
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We've not seen any evidence that this bothers the sons at all.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out they aren't even paying attention.

Are they ever in the Owner's box?

I don’t know if an owner showing up to watch their team speaks to their overall involvement or interest in that team winning. However, could it hurt? 

The fan base in Baltimore has dealt with their father’s mismanagement for years. Is it too much to ask that the current owners show some interest to indicate to the fan base they’re headed in a different direction?

Maybe it’s just me, or you.

5 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I don’t know if an owner showing up to watch their team speaks to their overall involvement or interest in that team winning. However, could it hurt? 

The fan base in Baltimore has dealt with their father’s mismanagement for years. Is it too much to ask that the current owners show some interest to indicate to the fan base they’re headed in a different direction?

Maybe it’s just me, or you.

I just figured if they bothered to show up for a game we would know they have some baseline about caring.