Sunday, August 29: the last game vs the Rays in 2021, thank goodness

SteveA

OK perhaps I am grasping at straws, but while I was working I followed along, and Watkins seem to do well in the middle innings 345. Are usually argue that a guy should come out after 75 pictures or so unless he’s been doing very well, but Watkins appeared to have settled down, so I probably would’ve allowed him to start the sixth, but I would’ve pulled him the first runner getting on.

My question is whether there was anything positive to take away from today?

Edited by Philip

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

OK perhaps I am grasping at straws, but while I was working I followed along, and Watkins seem to do well in the middle innings 345. Are usually argue that a guy should come out after 75 pictures or so unless he’s been doing very well, but Watkins appeared to have settled down, so I probably would’ve allowed him to start the sixth, but I would’ve pulled him the first runner getting on.

My question is whether there was anything positive to take away from today?

When you can retire 12 in a row vs one of baseball's better run scoring lineups, that's something.

And right now we already have one vacant rotation spot and maybe one viable replacement (Alex Wells), so there isn't anyone beating down the door to take Watkins' spot unless and until TPTB deem that Baumann is ready for a look.

So Watkins probably gets another turn.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Fry has completely fallen off a cliff.

Yeah he has no idea where the ball is going.  The last few weeks he has multiple pitches every plate appearances that are way way off target.  Just all over the place