Brandon Snyder hangs ‘em up after 17 years

Frobby

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Was Brandon Snyder the guy who was available after Cincy took the outfielder we really wanted and now I can't even think of his name.   Old age!

The Reds took Jay Bruce just ahead of our pick.   I had never heard that we coveted Bruce, but maybe we did.  He went on to become a BA no. 1 prospect but his major league career was only a solid one, not a great one.   

That 2005 first round produced a lot of stars:  Justin Upton, Ryan Braun, Ryan Zimmerman, Andrew McCutcheon, Troy Tulowitzki, Alex Gordon, Jacoby Ellsbury and others lesser stars.

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Reds took Jay Bruce just ahead of our pick.   I had never heard that we coveted Bruce, but maybe we did.  He went on to become a BA no. 1 prospect but his major league career was only a solid one, not a great one.   

That 2005 first round produced a lot of stars:  Justin Upton, Ryan Braun, Ryan Zimmerman, Andrew McCutcheon, Troy Tulowitzki, Alex Gordon, Jacoby Ellsbury and others lesser stars.

Boy I bet rereading the opinions and decisions behind the O's picking Snyder over any of those must be a cringe-worthy experience.

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

Well of the guys Frobby listed only Ellsbury was picked after Snyder.

True.  And I do think if Snyder hadn’t hurt his shoulder he might have been a 10-15 WAR catcher.   That’s speculative, of course.