Red Sox vs Rays Oct 13, 2021

Il BuonO

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's funny Fangraphs playoff odds have the Rays at 6.4% and the Red Sox at 15.1%.

They know their system doesn't work with the Rays and yet they keep throwing the numbers out there for consumption instead of fixing their model.

Really? Because I’m totally buying the Sox as the favorite.

16 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Quick hook for Eduardo. I don’t like Richards, but he got the job done.

The Chaim Bloom Red Sox imitation/flattery thing was kind of cute.

I was kind of pumped for the third most Days in AL East 1st Place accomplishment I hadn't known the Orioles achieved.

Not hard to imagine this series being a lot to a little thrice.

I'm so jealous of the Rays.  I mean, I'm jealous of them throughout the year but I dunno...it's like, come the postseason I just watch them with a more critical eye and I just marvel at them.  I appreciate how well they're run, it also pisses me off that we've not been able to do what they've done despite having more resources at our disposal.  

And I can't help but kinda like them.  They don't have anyone I inherently hate like I do for members of the Sox/Yankees.  Jose Bautista doesn't play for the Jays anymore so I don't hate them as much but Cito will always suck.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The Chaim Bloom Red Sox imitation/flattery thing was kind of cute.

I was kind of pumped for the third most Days in AL East 1st Place accomplishment I hadn't known the Orioles achieved.

Not hard to imagine this series being a lot to a little thrice.

Nope, it’s not.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm so jealous of the Rays.  I mean, I'm jealous of them throughout the year but I dunno...it's like, come the postseason I just watch them with a more critical eye and I just marvel at them.  I appreciate how well they're run, it also pisses me off that we've not been able to do what they've done despite having more resources at our disposal.  

And I can't help but kinda like them.  They don't have anyone I inherently hate like I do for members of the Sox/Yankees.  Jose Bautista doesn't play for the Jays anymore so I don't hate them as much but Cito will always suck.

I live in the town of their AAA team, Durham, so I've found ways to pull for them in post-season play. I see their prospects a lot (I go a LOT for the Norfolk road games here and pull for the Tides). 

There was a time when I'd pull for Boston when they had those classic playoff series vs. Yanks, but since those four World Series titles since '04, my friends who are Boston fans (and all the bandwagon jumpers) have become even more insufferable than the NY fans I know personally. Semi-related sidebar: being a Durham guy, the UNC fans locally are sort of the Red Sox Nation of NC, loud and entitled. Discounting the Cameron Crazies, the Duke grads I know are rather humble. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NashLumber said:

I live in the town of their AAA team, Durham, so I've found ways to pull for them in post-season play. I see their prospects a lot (I got a LOT for the Norfolk road games here and pull for the Tides). 

There was a time when I'd pull for Boston when they had those classic playoff series vs. Yanks, but since those four World Series titles since '04, my friends who are Boston fans (and all the bandwagon jumpers) have become even more insufferable than the NY fans I know personally. Semi-related sidebar: being a Durham guy, the UNC fans locally are sort of the Red Sox Nation of NC, loud and entitled. Discounting the Cameron Crazies, the Duke grads I know are rather humble. 

Yup, totally agree on all points and thats cool that you get to go to Durham games. I've got family in the area, they say its a great time.  I want to get down there for a game.

I used to pull for Boston in the early 2000s too.  A few things about that:  They were the team back then that was set up best to beat the Yankees...the Curse thing made you want to root for them a little bit....I was in college so I didn't know any better...and I think all sports fans make errors in judgement over the years and that was certainly one of them.  

I find the Red Sox in general to be more insufferable than the Yankees and head to head, I'd actually pull for the Yankees.  The Yankees are old money, the Red Sox are new money and obnoxious.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yup, totally agree on all points and thats cool that you get to go to Durham games. I've got family in the area, they say its a great time.  I want to get down there for a game.

I used to pull for Boston in the early 2000s too.  A few things about that:  They were the team back then that was set up best to beat the Yankees...the Curse thing made you want to root for them a little bit....I was in college so I didn't know any better...and I think all sports fans make errors in judgement over the years and that was certainly one of them.  

I find the Red Sox in general to be more insufferable than the Yankees and head to head, I'd actually pull for the Yankees.  The Yankees are old money, the Red Sox are new money and obnoxious.

Got to see Rutschman three times their last road trip here. Felt like a nice reward for living through this O's season ;)

The Sox in their post 2004 Papi years were just not likable at all. I still treasure the Goggles confrontation with him about daring to pitch him inside. 

• Upvote 1