As an O's Fan, I can rest easier

Bahama O's Fan

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think the issue predates Manfred.

For instance the Black Sox scandal.  I'm sure at least some owners suspected players were taking money from gamblers.

This is why I hate all these “scandals”. MLB has always known about all this stuff.  As long as it wasn’t public knowledge and they made money, they didn’t care.  As soon as the story becomes National, they throw their hands up, act surprised and then “take action” while having zero accountability for themselves.  

F ‘em all.

I'm happy for Dusty, and more neutral on the NL.

I will say, these Braves minus Acuna remind me some of Buck's good teams, what with those infielders (159/156/160/160) "posting up" everyday, and enough nuggets to be playoff worthy without being a super team.

Max Fried kind of is who we wish for DL Hall to become in our wildest dreams, and Grayson Rodriguez I'll be very content if his first 30 turns look like Ian Anderson's.

My level of expectation for a Scherzer appearance if it gets to tomorrow is approximately 98%, and how could a baseball nut not want that theater?

Braves Dusty 19-26: 13.3 WAR

Dodgers Dusty 27-34: 20.2 WAR

1 hour ago, InsideCoroner said:

I was hoping the Giants would have made it rather than the Dodgers. That could have been fun. At this point I guess I prefer to see the Braves win, but none of it really excites me much. 

If the O’s aren’t in it, I’m not excited much.  

11 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I’m not excited AS much, but let’s face it, it’s baseball. That’s always better than the alternatives.

The last 20 years or so, when the O’s are done, so am I.   I think it probably started when the Yankees and the Red Sox were in the ALCS every year.   I couldn’t be happy with any outcome and the media fawning just made me want to puke.   So I look at the box scores and know the basic story lines but I don’t watch the games.   I did happen to see a few innings of NLCS game 5 while working in my hotel room the other night.

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm still on team Anarchy hoping the Astros win just to annoy all those folks that made a huge deal out of the sign stealing when all the Astros did was do it better.

You all see this? 

https://climbingtalshill.com/2021/10/22/chris-bassitt-calls-astros-guinea-pig-regarding-sign-stealing/

Yes, they were my NL team at one time.  Anyone who knows anything about baseball. knows that the only Sin connected with sign stealing is getting caught.  Some, as you say, are just better at it.    All  have done it at some time or other over the years.  When playing, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the oppositions signs.  Never had much luck with it though.   

I was really not crazy about most of the playoff teams this year. Can’t stand the Dodgers so hope the Braves can pull it off.  If the Braves make it hope they beat the Astros who I also can’t stand.  Don’t know who to root for if between West Coast Yankees and Cheaters.

2 minutes ago, CynBeth said:

I was really not crazy about most of the playoff teams this year. Can’t stand the Dodgers so hope the Braves can pull it off.  If the Braves make it hope they beat the Astros who I also can’t stand.  Don’t know who to root for if between West Coast Yankees and Cheaters.

The "Cheaters"?  As opposed to the Braves who totally didn't get caught cheating with the International market back in 2017?

Yes, I'm happy to rest easy now knowing that THE SAWX won't have a chance to win another World Series.  At this point I'd just like to see a good 6 or 7 game World Series.  Actually kind of pulling for the Houston Dusty's because I like Dusty.  I know, I know OMG HE RIDES HIS STARTERS SO HARD HE'S TERRIBLE FOR BASEBALL but whatever.  

11 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This is why I hate all these “scandals”. MLB has always known about all this stuff.  As long as it wasn’t public knowledge and they made money, they didn’t care.  As soon as the story becomes National, they throw their hands up, act surprised and then “take action” while having zero accountability for themselves.  

F ‘em all.

The NFL looks at the MLB and just laughs.  Can't wait for all these emails to be released and now that congress is applying pressure I'm sure they will be.

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yes, I'm happy to rest easy now knowing that THE SAWX won't have a chance to win another World Series.  At this point I'd just like to see a good 6 or 7 game World Series.  Actually kind of pulling for the Houston Dusty's because I like Dusty.  I know, I know OMG HE RIDES HIS STARTERS SO HARD HE'S TERRIBLE FOR BASEBALL but whatever.  

The NFL looks at the MLB and just laughs.  Can't wait for all these emails to be released and now that congress is applying pressure I'm sure they will be.

Robert Sarver.

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The "Cheaters"?  As opposed to the Braves who totally didn't get caught cheating with the International market back in 2017?

I'm sure Coppolella's lifetime ban a great comfort to Albies and Acuna's financial advisers, just as it is to me as a fan of one of the other 29 teams.