Promotions I want to see in 2022

wildcard

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Once you get past the first 3 week of the season, the service time game is done.  

At that point, the only reason you keep a player down is for them to avoid super 2 status, which is usually around June 1, give or take.

But we don't know this going forward.  Honestly, all guesses about when players will/won't be brought up all really depends on the new CBA and what is does/doesn't do with service time manipulation and time to free agency.  From what little news I've seen, I don't have any idea what to expect to happen with these issues.  But we know the Orioles are going to try to maximize the time they have with their young talent, along with keeping them as cheap as possible, for the most part.  Exactly how the CBA treats those issues will determine more about when they are called up than any real performance, or even possibly the lack thereof.  

15 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

But we don't know this going forward.  Honestly, all guesses about when players will/won't be brought up all really depends on the new CBA and what is does/doesn't do with service time manipulation and time to free agency.  From what little news I've seen, I don't have any idea what to expect to happen with these issues.  But we know the Orioles are going to try to maximize the time they have with their young talent, along with keeping them as cheap as possible, for the most part.  Exactly how the CBA treats those issues will determine more about when they are called up than any real performance, or even possibly the lack thereof.  

I can tell you that it’s far more likely the new CBa gets rid of service time stuff than making it so you can keep players down even longer to get that extra year.

I think we’re reaching a point where by 2023 OD we might see a whole shift change of position players other than the guys like Mullins and Hays. When that wave comes up, that’s going to be the core of our next “run” with the most recent draft picks, and next year’s draft picks, supplementing them. I just really hope guys like Santander and Mancini half good first halfs so we can trade them for even more reinforcements for the future. Just keep targeting high ceiling guys in trades. 

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

If there is no work stoppage. Promotions to the O's from AAA.

1)  Adley on opening day or two weeks into to the  season depending on the new CBA.

2) Grayson by the 1st of May.

3) Stowers by the 1st of June.

4) DL Hall and Westburg by the 1st of August.

Make it happen.

I saw this thread and thought you were discussing promotions like bobbleheads, floppy hats, and dollar hot dog nights!

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

But why?  Elias has basically already said that Grayson will be up in 2022 and soon.  Once you get past the late April date, the service time game ends unless they want to play with Super 2.  

Since AAA uses the major league ball and lower levels don't, I would expect that most pitchers will probably need to play a certain amount of time at AAA to make that adjustment before come up with the majors.

How much time?   I don't know.

All pitchers, or would a great prospect like Rodriguez be an exception?   I don't know.

But I do think that is a factor.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Since AAA uses the major league ball and lower levels don't, I would expect that most pitchers will probably need to play a certain amount of time at AAA to make that adjustment before come up with the majors.

All pitchers, or would a great prospect like Rodriguez be an exception?   I don't know.

Maybe…but I would bet he has thrown with it and he certainly will in ST.

35 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I can tell you that it’s far more likely the new CBa gets rid of service time stuff than making it so you can keep players down even longer to get that extra year.

I hope you are right.  While I fully support the team doing what they need to do to control young players as long as possible, as I think it's best for the team, I wish the service stuff was done away with.  As long as that's the rule, then take advantage of it, but hopefully the rules will change.  I think many have some great ideas here about how to best create a system that is not so easily manipulated, yet is still fair to all parties.  My entire point is just while we are arguing back and forth when players should be brought up, in the end it may not matter as the entire system and reasons for playing with service time may disappear.  The rules, or the lack of rules, in the new CBA will likely be the determining factor about when the Os bring up many of these players.  

19 minutes ago, SteveA said:

They use the ML ball in ML spring training.

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I just hope DL Hall remains healthy enough that a mid to late season call up is in the cards for him in 2022. 

Honestly I doubt he gets called up even if he’s 100% healthy.   How many innings are they going to let him throw, 90-100?

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

If there is no work stoppage. Promotions to the O's from AAA.

1)  Adley on opening day or two weeks into to the  season depending on the new CBA.

2) Grayson by the 1st of May.

3) Stowers by the 1st of June.

4) DL Hall and Westburg by the 1st of August.

Make it happen.

Neustrom?

I think the day Adley plays in the majors the next competitive window begins.   Though Elias will want prospects to play at both AA and AAA to not rush them, if they do well they will not be there long IMO.   He is going to get prospects that do well to the majors to play with Adley is my guess.