Orioles claim Lucius Fox…But at what cost?

Legend_Of_Joey

Best The Dark Knight movie character name in baseball.   

Just going off memory, I think his affiliation story had a quirk where he grew up stateside but had Bahamian ancestry that helped him sidestep draft and sign as an international free agent.   He blipped into Baseball Prospectus Top 100 once upon a time as a shortstop, and of course hasn't panned out at that level, hence him being here today.

• Like 1

It could be at the cost of Martin or Kriske or one of the other 5-7 guys on the current 40 Man you could easily cut.

It doesn’t have to be at the expense of anyone who we might protect.

And btw, they aren’t protecting even 7 guys much less more than 7, so this isn’t even an issue right now.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

It could be at the cost of Martin or Kriske or one of the other 5-7 guys on the current 40 Man you could easily cut.

And btw, they aren’t protecting even 7 guys much less more than 7, so this isn’t even an issue right now.

Yea. And it is really amazing how many DFA'able players remain on the 40 at this time. 

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You are probably right about this.

16 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe a Richie Martin replacement? He was once highly thought of ($6 million bonus from Giants), but his statistics certainly have shown that has NOT developed like they'd hope. 

His MLB pipeline makes him look major league ready as a utility guy.
https://www.mlb.com/prospects/royals/lucius-fox-665650

Seems like Mateo-light. 

Fine by me. I've seen enough of Martin, though I don't mind if he stays in the system after a DFA. 

Honestly, I like Jones maybe less than I like Martin.