Correa (Update, signs with Twins)

Yardball85

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Is that Charlie?

Chris Brittingham. I have very fond memories with him at OPACY. We would always go with our little league team and sneak down to the orioles dugout. This was back during sellouts. Never got told to leave. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Chris Brittingham. I have very fond memories with him at OPACY. We would always go with our little league team and sneak down to the orioles dugout. This was back during sellouts. Never got told to leave. 

And I’m fairly sure he lurks here or posts. 

So, hey dude, you’re a better writer than you were a catcher. I’m sorry I tipped my pitches. 🤣

48 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

In what way is Correa not an elite player?  He clearly is. 

He’s had very uneven seasons offensively. I do not feel the bat is elite. Again, two out of the last four seasons with a sub 100 OPS+. Defense bound to regress in his 30’s. 

57 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

He's indisputably elite defensively but merely good-very good offensively.

I'm not sure that's a guy I want my mid-market team committing a decade of $30ish million a year salaries to, but YMMV.

I'd hope the Orioles put an opt out in if they were actually to make the plunge to sign Correa. With Correa the biggest question for me is going to be his health, he missed significant playing time in 2017 thru 2019 seasons. 

In my mind Correa compares very similarly to Manny Machado. Their career OPS+ is very close 127 for Correa and 122 for Manny, and they both play very good defense on the left side of the infield. 

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

It's so friggin' bizarre that Ramos has stuck to his guns for weeks now on this story when none of the big name reporters and outlets have been willing to go anywhere near it.

I have to give him credit for sticking to this story when no one else is covering it. Ramos is staking his legitimacy to this rumor, but he might just be trying to raise his social media profile knowing people will forget about this after a couple days. 

Doesn't matter if you get it wrong as long as you get people to click on your posts. 

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I have to give him credit for sticking to this story when no one else is covering it. Ramos is staking his legitimacy to this rumor, but he might just be trying to raise his social media profile knowing people will forget about this after a couple days. 

Doesn't matter if you get it wrong as long as you get people to click on your posts. 

The thing is, we may never know if it was legit or not.

11 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

He's indisputably elite defensively but merely good-very good offensively.

I'm not sure that's a guy I want my mid-market team committing a decade of $30ish million a year salaries to, but YMMV.

I definitely consider Correa elite.  The main reservation I have with him is durability.   

5 hours ago, hutchead said:

For what it's worth, here's another source claiming a massive offer by the Orioles to Correa:

https://clutchpoints.com/orioles-news-carlos-correas-massive-offer-from-baltimore-revealed/

This confirmation has a certain smell to it.

Negotiations heat up with the Astros and all of a sudden Astros starter Justin Verlander's brother Ben pops up with a confirmation of a 300m bid.  Boras plant.    Sound fishy and Astros Owner Jim Crane is not falling for that.