A little happy talk about Orioles minor league minicamp

Frobby

If you’re in the mood for happy talk, here’s a podcast from Eric Garfield talking up what he’s seen at the O’s MiL minicamp, including feel-good reports on Kjerstad, Rutschman, Henderson. Rodriguez, Mayo, Cowser, Westburg, Nottingham, Long, Vespi and maybe a couple of others.  You can skip the first 30 minutes or so, which is a discussion of the CBA and a couple of the top high school prospects.   

As usual, no negatives when Eric is discussing prospects.  

https://anchor.fm/bailey-srebnik/episodes/Florida-Prospect-Report-13--The-MLB-Lockout--Baltimore-Orioles-Mini-Camp--and-more-e1f86keThe O’s 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

Eric is over the top in his “giddiness” for Os prospects and he doesn’t like it when you say it..but it’s true.

Not saying he isn’t knowledgeable but when everything is great with everyone, it becomes a bit much.

Speaking of optimism about Os prospects…Prospects live has 8 top 100 guys:

• Thanks 1

I heard something that's in the public realm this weekend from a guy who would know who implied that Jordan Westburg is a GREAT clubhouse presence. He quickly deflected about the name because he doesn't want to use names publicly in general, but he didn't cover in time.

It sounds like he's just a great leader. The type of guy a whole team follows. That raises his stock in my eyes for sure.

• Upvote 1

From baltimorebaseball.com

Question: Why are you not covering O’s minor league spring training? Adley Rutschman, Grayson Rodriguez, Kyle Stowers, Jordan Westburg, Gunnar Henderson and others are in spring training.  O’s fans are hungry  for O”s news. From: Ken S from Leesburg

Answer: Ken and our old friend Alan Riester (Orial) are eager for minor league news, and we’ll have plenty of it beginning on Wednesday.

The media will be allowed at minor league camp beginning on Tuesday, but interviews are being conducted via Zoom. We’ve made the decision to stay at home for now until major league spring training begins, but there will be minor league news on the site in the interim.

K

You guys need to know a bit about Mr. Garfield. I gave him $500 as a down payment for services to be rendered in 2020 when he said he didn't have enough money to eat, then COVID hit and he couldn't do anything. No big deal, I figured he would just come back in 2021 but apparently, without telling me or giving me a reason, he left the site for another. So I help the guy when he's down and he turns around and runs to a different site for whatever reason without returning the money I gave him for services he never rendered.

Sure, he does a good job of getting video, but he's a total fanboy when it comes to any kind of analysis. I know everyone is hungry for anything Orioles baseball wise, so if you guys wanna keep posting his stuff and discussing, feel free. Just remember who he is and what's he's good for. If you want raw video of things happening down there, he's the guy. Analysis? Everyone will be doing great and is the next super star especially if they talk to him and make him feel special.

About the only thing he didn't do was create a message board then email Hangouters and try and get them to come over. :D

I really didn't want to put this out publicly but in the end, it's the truth. Very few people that I gave a chance to screwed me over. He's on that short list.

That's all I have to say about this situation.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You guys need to know a bit about Mr. Garfield. I gave him $500 as a down payment for services to be rendered in 2020 when he said he didn't have enough money to eat, then COVID hit and he couldn't do anything. No big deal, I figured he would just come back in 2021 but apparently, without telling me or giving me a reason, he left the site for another. So I help the guy when he's down and he turns around and runs to a different site for whatever reason without returning the money I gave him for services he never rendered.

Sure, he does a good job of getting video, but he's a total fanboy when it comes to any kind of analysis. I know everyone is hungry for anything Orioles baseball wise, so if you guys wanna keep posting his stuff and discussing, feel free. Just remember who he is and what's he's good for. If you want raw video of things happening down there, he's the guy. Analysis? Everyone will be doing great and is the next super star especially if they talk to him and make him feel special.

About the only thing he didn't do was create a message board then email Hangouters and try and get them to come over. :D

I really didn't want to put this out publicly but in the end, it's the truth. Very few people that I gave a chance to screwed me over. He's on that short list.

That's all I have to say about this situation.

He blocked me on Twitter (and we both write for ESR) because I questioned him saying Mountcastle was some incredible hitter. A “beast” I think he called him.

I have seen some comments here and there on Twitter about how he seems to block a lot of people all the time if you question his analysis.

I like that he puts up the video and he seems to be a hustler.  I give him credit for that.  But some of his analysis is tough to take seriously when everyone is the greatest prospect ever.  I like the optimism but I want realism attached to it as well.  

Thanks, Tony.   Like I said, you’ll never see or hear anything negative about an Orioles prospect from Eric.   I view him more as a very enthusiastic fan than an analyst.   Still, I do like seeing his videos and first hand accounts of what’s going on.   I didn’t know about his history with you (other than that he used to post his stuff here and now he doesn’t), that’s a shame.   But good to know it’s still okay to post links to his stuff.