Carter Baumler 2022-23

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, cnmilton said:

Has anyone seen any news on Carter Baumler? I know he returned from TJ surgery, then went on the IL last year with shoulder inflammation, but haven't read anything past that point. 

He had some sort of shoulder surgery and is due back in June.   I don't think it was labrum or anything like that.   I read second hand information that said it had something to do with a cyst.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a chance our minor league pitching depth doesn't look that bad if a bunch of things fall right over the next few months. Baumler, Seth Johnson, McDermott, Povich, Armbruester, Showalter, De Los Santos, Bright, Beck, Nunez, Lord, Baumeister.  Starting to see some guys who could be starters or impactful bullpen guys.

I think it's still a year away from looking like a strength, and that's assuming a bunch of these guys develop, but if you squint hard enough there's a bunch of reasons to be optimistic.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That Eric Garfield guy in that tweet.

Eric is great for getting information on the complex leagues.   He has opinions but he doesn’t try to pass himself off as some kind of expert.  I enjoy what he provides, which is truly stuff who can’t get anywhere else.   

• 2 weeks later...