Free agency thread

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I read a tweet yesterday that was a screen capture of a DM from someone to Dan Connolly. He said Correa to the O's isn't happening in the DM. I can't find the tweet though.

No surprise there.

We can all agree it’d be cool though, right? 

43 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I am not in favor of it but it would definitely be pretty jaw-dropping.

I meant it as in it’d be cool that the Orioles do anything interesting or competitive whatsoever. I also think it’s a good idea and hope it happens for that reason but I can totally understand why someone would disagree with that. 

Just now, oriole said:

I meant it as in it’d be cool that the Orioles do anything interesting or competitive whatsoever. I also think it’s a good idea and hope it happens for that reason but I can totally understand why someone would disagree with that. 

It would EASILY be the most interesting piece of Orioles news since at least 2019 when Adley was drafted with the 1:1 pick.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

I get annoyed when reporters like Connolly tell fans to "take a breath". In no way is this fan hyperventilating, he just asked a question and even said he was skeptical. I really hope Connolly is wrong because it'll be fun to throw it in his smug face. How the Athletic tabbed this guy as THE Orioles reporter is beyond me. Meoli got turned down for a guy who whines about a couple scouts getting let go and brings nothing new to the table in his articles. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I get annoyed when reporters like Connolly tell fans to "take a breath". In no way is this fan hyperventilating, he just asked a question and even said he was skeptical. I really hope Connolly is wrong because it'll be fun to throw it in his smug face. How the Athletic tabbed this guy as THE Orioles reporter is beyond me. Meoli got turned down for a guy who whines about a couple scouts getting let go and brings nothing new to the table in his articles. 

Well and him denying it means nothing.  The Orioles may just be very tight lipped.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Rockies are pushing for Kris Bryant according to Heyman.  I guess they feel you don’t have to suck for 5 years and wait until all of your prospects are AS before you can sign someone of value.

Now there's a franchise we should be emulating.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Rockies are pushing for Kris Bryant according to Heyman.  I guess they feel you don’t have to suck for 5 years and wait until all of your prospects are AS before you can sign someone of value.

The Rockies are one of the worst-run teams in baseball, I'd rather not follow their "model" of completely random moves and non-moves.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1