Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?

Frobby

Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adley Rutschman be on the Opening Day roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/22 at 02:19

10 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

If they adopt this rule and then the concensus top prospect who is 24 years old is not on the OD roster then its going to look really bad for MLB and the PA.  

There will be immense external pressure on the Orioles to put AR on the OD roster.

I don’t see any immense pressure.   Elias already has said that the decision whether to put Adley on the roster won’t depend on any rule changes.   That might be BS, but I don’t see where any external pressure is going to come from. 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t see any immense pressure.   Elias already has said that the decision whether to put Adley on the roster won’t depend on any rule changes.   That might be BS, but I don’t see where any external pressure is going to come from. 

MLB and the MLBPA come to an agreement to try and stop service time manipulation.  The Orioles have the #1 prospect in the game who is by all accounts ready for primetime.

Don't you think Manfred is going to put a little pressure on the Orioles to show that the adopted solution to a stated grievance by the MLBPA is shown to be effective in year 1?

If AR isn't on the OD roster, it would be exhibit #1 for MLBPA as to how the system is broken and more work is necessary to fix the problem.

I'm not sure what the rule is for 2022 because of the delay to start the season, but the O's would essentially have to only keep AR down for 15-16 days to gain the extra year. It's a no brainer to me. If he has a great year and they lose the extra year, so be it.

I guess the alternative is betting on your guy. Bring him up now and assume he'll be top 2 in the voting so you get the pick. This is baseball. That's hard to do.

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I'm not sure what the rule is for 2022 because of the delay to start the season, but the O's would essentially have to only keep AR down for 15-16 days to gain the extra year. It's a no brainer to me. If he has a great year and they lose the extra year, so be it.

I guess the alternative is betting on your guy. Bring him up now and assume he'll be top 2 in the voting so you get the pick. This is baseball. That's hard to do.

I believe the 15-16 has been reduced to 11-12, because the length of the season has been reduced by 4 days (7 days removed from the front of the season, 3 days added to the end).   So the season is now just 182 days long instead of 186, which means that to avoid being up for 172 days, you just have to miss 11 days.   And the Orioles do not actaully start play the same day the major league season starts (April 7), they open the next day.   So by my calculations, keeping him off the roster until Monday April 18 would do the trick.

The Orioles are starting a series in Oakland that night.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os have found their reason!

And in 3 or 4 days it will be "not responding to treatment", and another week will go by, and then we'll hear he's consulting the TJ doc for a second opinion, and suddenly Adley isn't cracking the roster until he's 25 or 26. 

:D

7 minutes ago, interloper said:

And in 3 or 4 days it will be "not responding to treatment", and another week will go by, and then we'll hear he's consulting the TJ doc for a second opinion, and suddenly Adley isn't cracking the roster until he's 25 or 26. 

It’s possible..don’t forget Wieters had TJ surgery.

18 minutes ago, interloper said:

Just wait until the tweet that says Grayson Rodriguez had discomfort in his shoulder/elbow and his being shut down indefinitely, and he is getting an MRI for a second opinion  

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

All it takes is an injury for a couple of weeks and poof goes the draft pick. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would settle for one televised spring game featuring Adley before ST wraps. Not even sure that's a possibility, especially with the lack of overall televised games, but all I wanted was to get eyes on him in a few ABs this spring. Sometimes it seems even the most basic things are too much to ask. Ah, the life of an Os fan.