Who will the O's sign next?

Three Run Homer

Let's see who can guess the O's next free agent signing this season.  

I'm guessing Jose Urena.  He's 30 years old, was in Detroit's rotation last year, made 18 starts, had 100 IP and an ERA of 5.81.  That would have made him the Orioles' third best starting pitcher last season, behind Means and Zimmerman.   It seems doubtful that anyone else wants him, which is the most important quality for any potential Orioles' free agent signing.   The O's realistically do need at least one more veteran starter to eat innings.   

No one.  They are criminally mismanaged.  Seriously, not trying to sign long term pieces, not trying to sign flippable stop gaps, not taking any chances.

They signed only what they needed to field a team, and the lowest viable candidates at that.  Lyles, Odor and Chirinos.

Right now their payroll sits at $30 million.  A joke.  And I dont know why anyone would spend money on the drivel they are trying to sell you on.   Keep in mind, every team will be making $100 million from TV deals this year.

Thry don't need your money, they are doing just fine.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

Let's see who can guess the O's next free agent signing this season.  

I'm guessing Jose Urena.  He's 30 years old, was in Detroit's rotation last year, made 18 starts, had 100 IP and an ERA of 5.81.  That would have made him the Orioles' third best starting pitcher last season, behind Means and Zimmerman.   It seems doubtful that anyone else wants him, which is the most important quality for any potential Orioles' free agent signing.   The O's realistically do need at least one more veteran starter to eat innings.   

Man, I hope not. They need to turn the corner from these kinds of signings.