Kyle Bradish 2022

Tony-OH

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Instead of worrying about how fast he will be sent back to Aberdeen... Why not wait and see what actually happens? I know things here are generally gloom and doom but you might all be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be at the game expecting great success.

I'm absolutely expecting him to pitch well. I think regardless of how he pitches tomorrow, he should be up to stay. 

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's 25.

A bit of failure can be a learning experience.

Not sure it's something you need protection from.

It really bothers me that we’re spending all this time discussing what the team will do if Bradish has a bad outing.   I don’t want to assume or anticipate that.   

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It really bothers me that we’re spending all this time discussing what the team will do if Bradish has a bad outing.   I don’t want to assume or anticipate that.   

Yeah, I'm not getting it either. I think the last time we had a starter of his stature or greater make his debut was Dylan Bundy. It's no secret that transitioning to the majors is challenging. KB joining the rotation represents the first of a number of talented players from our rebuild who will finally be arriving this year. It would be great to see him find instant success, but I'm just excited to break the seal and see how hitters respond to his stuff. I don't get why we're borrowing trouble. Enjoy the moment. 

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Me either, I just activated him on my Roto team!  😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

We’re Orioles fans.  Everyone knows that we’re not allowed to have nice things. 🤣

Glad he’s here and hope he does well.

• Upvote 1

In terms of debut rollout management, in the case of Kyle Bradish, the Orioles announced about 24 hours before the happening itself.

Will be curious to see if Grayson and Adley are in that ballpark when the time comes.

If they don't want the Twins to "know" it is Grayson Monday, repeating the Bradish timeline might be an after the Sunday afternoon gametime announcement.   Of course by then we will know if the takes the Sunday start for the Tides.

I'm sure Elias was gritting his teeth when he had to make this call.  

Anyway, round 2 of the NFL draft is tonight which is a quandry for me.  I'd rather watch the draft but Bradish throws a bit of a monkey wrench into the whole thing.  I suppose I can have the draft on the TV and stream the game on my computer.  

• Upvote 1