2022 O’s Win prediction

Sports Guy

2022 Wins prediction  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you see the Os getting in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/22 at 19:00

I’m thinking they go somewhere in the 63-67 win area.  Going conservative and saying 65 wins as my total.

There is some level of upside for this team to be better and some of this may be determined by trades but I do expect an improvement on 2021.  

• Sports Guy changed the title to 2022 O’s Win prediction

I am probably in the minority here, but I hope that as the season moves along, we'll see a number of impactful young guys come up and give this team a shot in the arm.  I'm going with the 61-65 win range.   I'm hoping we can see a 10 to 12 game improvement.

I think the O's are going to be pretty horrid, at least in the first half of the season.  

Hopefully some improvement as guys get called up, but there will be growing pains. If they gel a bit, I could see them getting to the mid-60's.  

Last season I really didn't care to follow the Major League team much at all. Too many 'filler' guys and not enough of the high-upside prospects playing in Baltimore for me to have enough interest.  

When this next wave arrives, it will be interesting to watch the individual guys develop in Baltimore, even if it's not likely going to make a huge dent in the W/L this season.

I don't see how this pitching staff avoids 100 losses again, not in this division. Especially once Elias trades away more guys. And they still have the worst lineup in the division, for now. I don't see the big league team being watchable until maybe this summer, if the prospect promotions actually happen. 

• Upvote 1

I'm usually somewhat optimistic in the poll. That hasn't worked out, so, I'll go the pessimistic route. I remember 2018, many were pretty optimistic when the season started, thinking a WC was possible....115 loses. I'll take this team's little victories and enjoy them compared to that mess. Also, 13 games with the Yanks in the first 6 weeks. Who does that? My MLB gets blacked out and have to suffer with YES.

I'm in max pessimism mode these days.   I don't see improvement over last year at any position except catcher, with some regression likely from Mullins and perhaps Urias.  The starting rotation will be a little worse because they will have the post-sticky John Means all season.  The bullpen will be a little worse without Cole Sulser.   The new LF dimensions will help the staff's stats somewhat but that will be offset by declines in power production from Mancini (really should have traded him by now!) and Mountcastle.   

The organization is moving in the right direction but we will not see more wins at the major league level until some more prospects establish themselves and the organization spends more money on the pitching staff.