2022 O’s Win prediction

Sports Guy

2022 Wins prediction  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins do you see the Os getting in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/22 at 19:00

I'm optimistic that I'll actually like watching this team more than I have in the past and that I'll enjoy doing so even more as the season goes on.  If I get to watch Rutschman, Rodriguez, Hall and Stowers - as a minimum - make their debuts and play a decent number of games, I'll have more fun than I have in years.

• Upvote 1

I think this team will be one of the worst in baseball again, but hopefully improves by 8-10 wins. The team should be much more fun to watch once the big prospects are up, but the team is going to be pretty ugly until they get promoted. 

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  On one hand the Orioles are going to be much more fun to watch as they bring up more of the young talent.  On the other hand, they are likely to trade some names we like to get more talent.  I think the goal is somewhere around 67 wins.  That's still a lousy team, and it is still a whopping 15 game improvement.  I think we get a little more excited, but we have to endure another year of mostly bad baseball.  A nice finish would be great....like 2011. So my answer is 66-70. 

In my mind, they'll be in the mid 60s in wins, so I could have really have picked either of those categories in the poll.   Really hoping for a 15ish win improvement this year, to show we're moving in the right direction and that it's time to start getting serious in 2023.

The thing is, the O's gave young players lots of chances last year.  Aside from Means and Harvey most of our starts went to our more advanced pitching prospects (Kremer, Zimmerman, Akin, Lowther), but they were terrible.  We started the season with a couple of veteran stopgaps in the lineup (Franco, Galvis) but they were gone by midseason, and the lineup was again mostly young players. 

What's different this year is that we have two or three very highly rated under-25 prospects who will debut (AR and GR, maybe DL Hall), but the rest of the young prospects who will likely debut this year (Bradish, Stowers, Vavra, Bautista) don't seem very different than guys like Kremer, Lowther, Scott, Santander or Hays in terms of where they were drafted or how they performed in the high minors.  

So I'm seeing a bit of fresh air for this season, but not a major wave of talent yet.  

I am very excited for the season to begin and can’t wait to watch the young prospects come up and hopefully continue to develop.  I am optimistic about the direction of the team, but voted for only 60 wins this season (61 to 65 definitely possible).  AL East is loaded this year and the unbalanced schedule will be a beast to compete in.

18 hours ago, Pickles said:

They're still a very bad team.

However, I want to see them NOT lose 100 games this year.

While that seems a modest goal, it is a 10 game improvement over last year.

I think I might build on your assessment by saying that they will be a good hitting team (if they stay healthy) but will have horrible pitching, which will make them a very bad team. 

I am excited to see the impact of the addition of Rutschman, GRod and Hall as the season progresses.   

I got crazy and my vote is 71 wins. As negative as I feel about the team, I really want to be an optimist. So I’ll choose to be optimistic and say everything goes well this year and they have a major improvement. Here’s some things I think that could go right…

Mancini has a really good year here before getting traded

Rutschman comes out the gate a good and contributing player

Gutierrez plays similar to how he ended 2021

Mateo proves himself to be an everyday SS

At least two of the group of starting pitchers that we’ve been watching crap the bed the last few years turn a corner and play like mid-rotation guys