New food items at Camden Yards

Going Underground

Have not posted this in a few years.

More additions around the ballpark: The Orioles are introducing new menu items at existing locations. Crab Dip Pretzel ($16) -- Soft-baked pretzel with crab dip, Monterey Jack cheese and Old Bay seasoning. Available at the B&O Market along Eutaw Street.

Orioles to offer new food, more at ballpark in 2022
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/baltimore-orioles-new-food-2022/39652736

• Upvote 1

I think that the biggest change to the menu at OPACY this year is that they're allowing you to bring your own food and drink in again.  If you don't want to eat obscenely priced stadium food, buy a $1 hot dog, a $2 bag of peanuts, and a $1 soda outside and bring it in.

Going that route plus a cheap/Stubhub ticket is almost certainly cheaper than going to your local movie theater and buying the bushel of popcorn and a gallon soda deal.

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I think that the biggest change to the menu at OPACY this year is that they're allowing you to bring your own food and drink in again.  If you don't want to eat obscenely priced stadium food, buy a $1 hot dog, a $2 bag of peanuts, and a $1 soda outside and bring it in.

Going that route plus a cheap/Stubhub ticket is almost certainly cheaper than going to your local movie theater and buying the bushel of popcorn and a gallon soda deal.

I'm thinking of going to Wednesday night's [likely Burnes vs Means] game vs Milwaukee.

Just for fun, not because I can't afford it or am super cheap, I think I might try to make it a minimal cost night.   For the first week excluding Opening Day they have that 1992 ticket price deal they've been advertising that include $4 Eutaw Street bleachers.   And $1.75 hot dogs.

So I might so if I can treat myself to a really cheap night at the park:

• Light rail -- is it $3.50 or $3.75 round trip, can't remember for sure?   I'm not quite there for the senior discount, but a few years away!
  • A Eutaw St bleacher seat for $4
  • 2 hot dogs for $3.50
  • And I'll bring a bottle of pure leaf unsweetened iced tea, $1.99 at my local grocery.   

Might be fun to watch last year's Cy Young winner battle the Orioles' ace and spend less than $14 doing it.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

But at the movies, you don't know how the story ends.  :cool:   

14 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm thinking of going to Wednesday night's [likely Burnes vs Means] game vs Milwaukee.

Just for fun, not because I can't afford it or am super cheap, I think I might try to make it a minimal cost night.   For the first week excluding Opening Day they have that 1992 ticket price deal they've been advertising that include $4 Eutaw Street bleachers.   And $1.75 hot dogs.

• Light rail -- is it $3.50 or $3.75 round trip, can't remember for sure?   I'm not quite there for the senior discount, but a few years away!
  • 2 hot dogs for $3.50
  • And I'll bring a bottle of pure leaf unsweetened iced tea, $1.99 at my local grocery.   

Might be fun to watch last year's Cy Young winner battle the Orioles' ace and spend less than $14 doing it.

Nice.  For me I'd be adding 180 miles of round trip gas, so something like $35.  But a ballgame at Camden Yards for $50 still isn't bad.  And I'd have to bring the kids and the wife and they'd be far less likely to play along with the cheap game thing.

32 minutes ago, SteveA said:

• 2 hot dogs for $3.50

$1.90 one way.Went to Michigan and not Yale so  someone  will have to figure out the round trip fare.Have to wear a mask on it.

20 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Nice.  For me I'd be adding 180 miles of round trip gas, so something like $35.  But a ballgame at Camden Yards for $50 still isn't bad.  And I'd have to bring the kids and the wife and they'd be far less likely to play along with the cheap game thing.

Kids under nine are free with an adult purchase in the Upper Deck,two actually.

I absolutely believe that an Orioles game is the best value for your entertainment dollar.  You can still get in for a reasonable price and spend next to nothing on food if you mostly bring your own.  Light rail or metro makes it even cheaper.