Jordan Westburg 2022

Just Regular

4 minutes ago, deward said:

HR and  a triple tonight. Loved this guy in college, excited to see him doing so well in his first AAA exposure.

Agreed, very exciting.  He had a rough three weeks in April/early May, now he’s back on track.   I’ve seen a few clips of his defense where he’s looked excellent, too.  

When I look at Westburg, It makes me wonder who does the prospect rankings? On MLB pipeline rankings, 2B Nick Gonzalez, a former top pick is still rank near top 25. Despite showing little power, average defense and lack of dominance at AA.  Both same age, same draft year, but Westburg gets nowhere near the recognition. 

Edited by Chaka Garcia
  • Upvote 1

A hot start in AAA has his overall OPS up to .879.  A triple down the line in RF.  A double in the RCF gap last night.  Two homers to LF straight away.  And he looked pretty fast on that triple too.  

Looking good.

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Westburg was lifted for a PH in Norfolk tonight, anyone have any insight?

Gotta be an injury of some sort. Usually there is someone watching the telecast that is quick to report these things but I guess not tonight. 

He’s been a durable guy up to this point. 

37 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Gotta be an injury of some sort. Usually there is someone watching the telecast that is quick to report these things but I guess not tonight. 

Game was a blowout. Could be just to give him some rest? 

39 minutes ago, ChuckS said:
1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Westburg was lifted for a PH in Norfolk tonight, anyone have any insight?

The Tides were trailing 15-0 midway through the fifth inning.  Probably nothing or we would have heard about it by now.

35 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

The box score reads like he was pulled mid at-bad.

I am not sure of the reason for his departure, but it was not mid AB.

It's at approx 2:35 of the MiLB broadcast.  Westburg is announced as the hitter with a game that was 15-3 at the time and as a mound visit is going on.  Then when the moved the camera to home plate area (still no count), they announced Beau Taylor as a PH.

I never saw Westburg come out on deck.

• Upvote 2