Connor Norby 2022

Just Regular

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

The question is where does he project to play in the majors.   He doesn't play 2B over Ortiz, Westburg and Urias.     His best tool is bats.

Maybe he fits at DH when the O's move Santander at the deadline.

He's going to play 2B or maybe left field due to lack of arm strength. He would make a great first baseman if he was taller, but at 5-10 that's not ideal. 

Norby's arm is not terrible, but it is a bit below average but I need to go back take a stronger look at his defense for his final scouting report.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I have to admit that I have not seen Norby play much.  So I could be wrong but what I have read says he does not have the arm or the range to beat out Ortiz, Westburg or Urias at 2B.

The glove/arm/range are not the only measure of a second baseman.

They also have to hit.

If the net positive from their bat more than offsets their defensive potential then I play that guy.

And I think Norby wins over at least Urias in that regard, and potentially others as well.

Time will tell I suppose

On 10/1/2022 at 9:05 AM, RVAOsFan said:

There has been some talk in the Ortiz thread about him cracking top 100 lists this off-season.  Did Norby do enough this year to be included as well?

I have to think he’s right there.  He had an incredible season and is only 22.  He’s a legit MLB impact prospect has to be close to, if not in the top 100. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, btdart20 said:

Impressive top 5 that he has Norby ahead of.  Even with proximity, Mead looks like a solid bat too.

But it's also fantasy so it doesn't include defense and he won't need a ton of games there to qualify.

It certainly isn't bad news but I don't think anyone is worried about the bat.