Gunnar Henderson 2022

Just Regular

3 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Looked it up.  The new CBA provides a $750K bonus for ROY and $500K for second.  So it definitely benefits Henderson to wait until tomorrow.

That's also before one counts any other statistical benchmarks he might hit for a bigger chunk of the overall $50m pool those RoY bonuses are part of.  Ideally he comes up soon, gets acclimated, keeps his rookie status and puts him in the best position possible to potentially  double his compensation next year based on those bonuses.  Orioles org would win as well gaining an extra draft pick.  

Why Orioles could promote Gunnar Henderson, arguably MLB's top prospect, for a playoff push

Mind you, there's already been indication the Orioles are weighing a Henderson promotion. General manager Mike Elias told MASN Sports recently that Henderson is "putting himself in a position to be in a lot of conversations about maybe helping this team down the stretch." The Orioles have also tasked Henderson with starts at second and first base over the past week, likely to improve his optionality ahead of a call-up.

There are two key dates to keep in mind as it pertains to Henderson's promotion. The first is Tuesday, as there will be only 44 days remaining in the season. That's important because players cannot be eligible for the ensuing year's Rookie of the Year Award if they exceed that service-time mark -- and that'simportant because teams can now gain draft-pick compensation if their players win that award. The other is Sept. 1, when rosters expand to 28 players for the rest of the regular season.

2 hours ago, btdart20 said:

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/this-that-and-the-other-1-15

He likely got it from Roch’s blurb.

Gunnar Henderson is rumored to be joining the Orioles this week rather than staying with Triple-A Norfolk, which is in Jacksonville. Stay tuned.

They posted on the 22nd at 7:57Am.  Roch posted at 4:00AM the 23rd.  So their post was first.  

Edited by Mooreisbetter27
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

They posted on the 22nd at 7:57Am.  Rock posted at 4:00AM the 23rd.  So their post was first.  

I don't know how legit @BleacherBirds on Twitter is, but you're correct they had it last night before Roch's daily blog update. Hopefully Roch isn't just repeating this Twitter rumor and that doesn't seem to be his style anyways. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't know how legit @BleacherBirds on Twitter is, but you're correct they had it last night before Roch's daily blog update. Hopefully Roch isn't just repeating this Twitter rumor and that doesn't seem to be his style anyways. 

The "is rumored" is odd. If Roch had anything from the warehouse I think he would say so. Sounds to me he is just going off of Twitter, which is pretty bad form for someone purporting to be professional press.