ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to know why he considers Washington but not Baltimore. Washington is even farther from being relevant. The Orioles and not the Nationals were his childhood team.....hell, they didn't even exist when he was growing up. Teixeira hasn't been spotted in Washington. It's just really weird without him offering any specifics as to why.

FWIW, I just received a TEXt from my guy. He says the deal is nearly complete, and they are just hammering out the semantics as we speak. Read into that as little or as much as you like.

I think I must be the only one with no guyLOL. I hope you are right

If I may say so, the Red Sox fan who entered this thread has been pretty respectful and pretty cool.

Though, I like to call them the Sux sometimes too, maybe we could curb it back just a bit.

Thanks!

Thanks for the sentiment. Once again, the great majority of O's fans are classy and great fans. As for the use of the term, "Red Sux," speaking for myself, I don't take offense.

Especially given the many vile names many of my fellow Sox fans have for those pin-striped chaps playing to the south of us. :clap3:

Classy. And with all of 22 posts to back it up.

Exactly; I wouldn't want to go over to SOSH and be referred to as the "Sorrioles" or some other derogatory play on words of our team name- even if the last 11 years would constitute it. Fact is, the Red Sox have won multiple titles in the past decade and do not "suck". The Red Sox poster has been nothing but respectful on this board and seems very knowledgeable about his team and the AL East in general. I'm a rookie poster as well but will not claim this to be "our" board as I'm simply a long time "lurker". Just thought I would chime in and back up Clapdiddy's post.

FWIW, I just received a TEXt from my guy. He says the deal is nearly complete, and they are just hammering out the semantics as we speak. Read into that as little or as much as you like.

I have no idea who this guy is, but judging by his posting history, he doesn't sound at all like someone who would be full of it. He posted on Sunday as well saying that Tex would be an Oriole. I choose to believe in this guy.

I'd love to know why he considers Washington but not Baltimore. Washington is even farther from being relevant. The Orioles and not the Nationals were his childhood team.....hell, they didn't even exist when he was growing up. Teixeira hasn't been spotted in Washington. It's just really weird without him offering any specifics as to why.

If I were to guess its probably because of the 8/160 offer that has been made public. I mean lets face, its pretty likely none of these guys truly know whats going on...

Archived