Orioles snub Jones, yet invite Andino for 30th anniversary

TradeAngelos

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Sorry, but this sounds like internet rumor nonsense to me.  There is no way Jones wouldn’t be invited if the O’s are having a ceremony to celebrate Camden Yards and are inviting former players to attend.   

You realize Jones said this right? Not sure where "internet rumor nonsense" is coming into play.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

You realize Jones said this right? Not sure where "internet rumor nonsense" is coming into play.  

I didn’t read it that way at first, but I see you are probably right, so I will amend my statement.   I think Jones is jumping the gun if he thinks the O’s don’t plan to invite him to this.   Why did they call Andino first?   I don’t know.  Maybe they’re calling people in alphabetical order.   Maybe Jones was in Japan when they started calling and they didn’t have a phone number for him.  Maybe it’s some other reason why they haven’t called him yet.   But I do not believe for one second that they don’t intend to invite him, if guys like Andino are getting invited.  There’s no way the O’s are that stupid or that petty or that ignorant of their fans.   

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t read it that way at first, but I see you are probably right, so I will amend my statement.   I think Jones is jumping the gun if he thinks the O’s don’t plan to invite him to this.   Why did they call Andino first?   I don’t know.  Maybe they’re calling people in alphabetical order.   Maybe Jones was in Japan when they started calling and they didn’t have a phone number for him.  Maybe it’s some other reason why they haven’t called him yet.   But I do not believe for one second that they don’t intend to invite him, if guys like Andino are getting invited.  There’s no way the O’s are that stupid or that petty or that ignorant of their fans.   

Petty yes,but that stupid hopefully not. Usually petty with reporters buy heard of a few with players. 

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Andino

Jones

Wieters gets his call next week.

• Upvote 1