2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

15 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

I hope Hyde understands if we do make the playoffs, Adley doesn't rest at all and catches every game? Same with Vavra 

You never have more than 3 days in a row without an off day in the postseason.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Stripling is a reverse split pitcher so looks like they going with righties to start the game and have lefties come off the bench.  

Interesting, Hyde had a very unorthodox lineup against Kikuchi but there is a method to the madness if you look deeper. It worked on Monday, hopefully works again. 

59 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There is absolutely zero wrong with Adley getting a day off, especially on turf.  

He can take tomorrow off when they play the Cubs. He's young and it is a critical game.

I'm not a fan of all of the complaining about lineups, call ups, etc but this is BS to me. We need this game. Play your studs.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

He can take tomorrow off when they play the Cubs. He's young and it is a critical game.

I'm not a fan of all of the complaining about lineups, call ups, etc but this is BS to me. We need this game. Play your studs.

We need every game.  Should he never get an off day?  

3 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

Here we go again... it's great we won the last 2 nights, but really -- Adley is on the BENCH today when we have a chance to sweep the Blow Jays and move back into the 3rd WC?!? I know guys need a day off here and there, but maybe let him rest tomorrow when we play the crappy Cubs? Just don't understand Hyde sometimes. At least he keeps McKenna and his hot bat in... and no Phillips and Nevin.

He doesn’t want to run his team into the ground - what a novel concept!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

The 0-17 from the 2, 3, 4, and 5 hitters had more to do with losing than having Chirinos catching. We obviously know that they can win with multiple guys being cold, but a shot of talent would really help this team.

Hays breaking out of his two month slump would be like adding a new bat to the lineup. Hays has been dealing with nagging injuries, I'm now starting to wonder if these nagging injuries are affecting his swing even if he's is playing through it. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Hays breaking out of his two month slump would be like adding a new bat to the lineup. Hays has been dealing with nagging injuries, I'm now starting to wonder if these nagging injuries are affecting his swing even if he's is playing through it. 

At some point though they're going to have to make a decision on him. I'm a fan of him and his style of play, but I really thought that after last season he would be primed to have a breakout. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

We need every game.  Should he never get an off day?  

Every game against our playoff rivals amounts to a two game swing in the standings, so we need some games more than others.  Vavra’s not anywhere near been overworked, and at his age Rutschman should be able to DH in his sleep. Hyde needs to stop overthinking these things. 

• Upvote 1