Trey Mancini 2022

Frobby

I can’t believe nobody started this thread before now.  

Trey has been hitting in incredibly bad luck early in the year.   He has a .274 wOBA, .401 xwOBA.   He’s in the 95th percentile for hard hit balls, 92nd percentile for average exit velocity, and 79th percentile for barrels.   I’ve seen at least two web gems on liners in the gaps, and just a whole bunch of at ‘em balls.    

Sooner or later, things are going to go his way.   

https://theathletic.com/3288207/2022/05/01/after-willie-calhouns-latest-demotion-hes-ready-to-leave-rangers-i-feel-like-i-need-a-change-of-scenery/

Not just a possible useful spot for Trey's talent, but one transaction bundled with someone I'd like to give a month long tryout to a good deal more than Tyler Nevin.  

The last four games the Rangers starting DH's were the now demoted W. Calhoun twice, Nick Solak and Andy Ibanez.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

https://theathletic.com/3288207/2022/05/01/after-willie-calhouns-latest-demotion-hes-ready-to-leave-rangers-i-feel-like-i-need-a-change-of-scenery/

Not just a possible useful spot for Trey's talent, but one transaction bundled with someone I'd like to give a month long tryout to a good deal more than Tyler Nevin.  

The last four games the Rangers starting DH's were the now demoted W. Calhoun twice, Nick Solak and Andy Ibanez.

Baltimore - the land of low expectations. 

On 4/27/2022 at 6:03 PM, Frobby said:

I can’t believe nobody started this thread before now.  

Trey has been hitting in incredibly bad luck early in the year.   He has a .274 wOBA, .401 xwOBA.   He’s in the 95th percentile for hard hit balls, 92nd percentile for average exit velocity, and 79th percentile for barrels.   I’ve seen at least two web gems on liners in the gaps, and just a whole bunch of at ‘em balls.    

Sooner or later, things are going to go his way.   

He's had some of the worse luck I've seen in some time. Hopefully things will even out soon for him. But he sure has been awful with RISP. 

Friday's "great catch" looks like it has cost Monday as well on first day of 26-man rosters.

Hyde might effectively have an Owings-Bemboom bench tonight.

I'm somewhat hopeful about the team's shot to show well this BOS-MIN-KCR homestand (even with the best pieces STILL not here), and bugging me that Mancini over Hays in RF Friday hurt Bradish's debut, and the controllable choice of simply playing him there has resulted in short-term loss of availability of a top bat.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Friday's "great catch" looks like it has cost Monday as well on first day of 26-man rosters.

Hyde might effectively have an Owings-Bemboom bench tonight.

I'm somewhat hopeful about the team's shot to show well this BOS-MIN-KCR homestand (even with the best pieces STILL not here), and bugging me that Mancini over Hays in RF Friday hurt Bradish's debut, and the controllable choice of simply playing him there has resulted in short-term loss of availability of a top bat.

It seems if Mancini is not better in a couple of days, the O's might have to IL him.  The loss of bench players is acute.