Tyler Nevin 2022

Yardball85

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Wells and Baumann gone They will need a long man for some games.I can see someone coming back up and Gutierrez gone .

Hmmm...if only there were some other pitcher in the AAA rotation that could be ready to try and hold down a MLB job....

My guess is 3B Nevin will be at near 3B Wigginton or SS Valaika levels, but I don't mind the experiment if it is more than a couple days fill-in.

15 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Wells and Baumann gone They will need a long man for some games.I can see someone coming back up and Gutierrez gone .

Wells is having some elbow issues apparently, so probably not him.  I guess they feel comfortable with Akin as the primary long man for now.

11 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Hmmm...if only there were some other pitcher in the AAA rotation that could be ready to try and hold down a MLB job....

My guess is 3B Nevin will be at near 3B Wigginton or SS Valaika levels, but I don't mind the experiment if it is more than a couple days fill-in.

I think Matt Harvey is just about ready, isn't he?

I'm not sure why Gutierrez is on the roster if they felt a need to pull up Nevin to play 3B. This is such a weird roster with a bench if Gutierrez, Bembroom, Owings and McKenna. That might possibly be the worse hitting bench in all of baseball. I can;t imagine a worse one. 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure why Gutierrez is on the roster if they felt a need to pull up Nevin to play 3B. This is such a weird roster with a bench if Gutierrez, Bembroom, Owings and McKenna. That might possibly be the worse hitting bench in all of baseball. I can;t imagine a worse one. 

You forgot Odor or Urias.   One is playing 2B the other is on the bench.

One of these infielders goes on Tuesday or before.

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I’m just hoping it’s a sign that there is going to be a roster shakeup soon. Owings and Odor should be gone now.

And while I like Gutierrez if he isn’t going to hit and play bad defense, then he shouldn’t be on the MLB roster. I haven’t written him off yet, but it’s not looking good. 

14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I’m just hoping it’s a sign that there is going to be a roster shakeup soon. Owings and Odor should be gone now.

And while I like Gutierrez if he isn’t going to hit and play bad defense, then he shouldn’t be on the MLB roster. I haven’t written him off yet, but it’s not looking good. 

If you think Gutierrez defense is bad just wait.