The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

Nobody is gonna criticize you for doubting the rumors.

But, if you attack the credibility of the the actual posters, and therefore the board and the people who run it, thats when you will get the boot.

Saying "I don't believe the information the insiders posted is true" is fine. Saying "I think the insiders are just making things up and lying to everybody" will get you banned.

I will start by asking why would the website take offense if I doubt the credibility of the poster? I would assume they can't control who writes what. What I am saying is, for someone who just drops in, and reads these posts, how do we know how credible they are?

You can say the website vetted them, but what is the process?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See what Roberts/Huff/Scott/Sherril and anyone else that might have value will bring in. Try to get Markakis signed.

Yeah... we'll see what AM does, but we sure could accelerate our rebuild if those players are dealt. There are many ways to go about restructuring a team, and AM's vision for it is an unknown at this time. The picture will certainly become more clear as the off-season wears on.

This has been posed before, but what are your feelings on where MacPhail goes from here, IF he loses out on Teixeira?

IMO...

They should blow it up. Deal Roberts for a solid return (3B, 1B, SS, and/or SP). I will take a lot of heat for this, but the quickest way to rebuild through young players maybe to deal Scott, Sherrill, and Roberts. Markakis, Wieters, and Jones fit into the 2-5 year plan.

I knew he'd be gone, so no sense wasting rep on people like him when I can give good rep to the people's posts I respect!

Hmm.... no wonder I've ever gotten rep from you. :rofl:

If MacPhail doesn't sign Teixeira, nothing should change about the plan, really. Continue to plug holes that are there, see if you can find a pitcher or two to stabilize the rotation, and get ready for the draft. Personally, I'd kick the tires on Adam Dunn to see what it would take to get him here, but that's about it.

I don't know if Teixeira is going to sign with the Orioles or not, but I do know a few things:

• Angelos has wanted Teixeira for a while
  • Angelos doesn't usually lose when he wants something
  • MacPhail said he would be disappointed if Teixeira didn't sign with the Orioles
  • MacPhail is more secretative than the head of the CIA
  • Angelos and MacPhail both understand how much this means to the Oriole fan base
  • Reporters want face time and ink time and that is why they write about the Red Sox and the Yankees all the time
  • As of this point, I don't think anyone really knows what is going on and we won't until Teixeira signs a contract
  • It won't be the end of the world if Teixeira doesn't sign with the Orioles, but saying that, I'm still quietly confident
  • I think MacPhail knows how to do his job and until he shows me otherwise, I believe that

This has been posed before, but what are your feelings on where MacPhail goes from here, IF he loses out on Teixeira?

If we lose Teixeira, there's no reason to ever believe this team will do what it takes to put a winning product on the field. MacPhail in my mind will remain the same. I put all the blame on Angelos's never ending list of disappointments.

We should go right back into rebuild mode. It is like I said in the other thread; Tex should be the only player that we should be willing to break the plan for due to who he is (local) and what he could mean to this team on and off the team. If we do not sign Tex, we should go full throttle to see what we can get for Roberts and Sherill.

Archived