The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

One thing that does bother me...if the O's are still alive, shouldn't they put something out there (I'm thinking Roch's blog) disputing the ESPN crawl? That concerns me!:o

Maybe they want their next thing to be the last thing...

either Tex has agreed to terms,

or we are out.

I'm thinking agrees to terms.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Sunday seems like years ago! I had visions of a deal being announced at M&T Bank Stadium while a smiling Teixeira appeared on the Jumbotron and doffed his O's cap to 70,000 euphoric fans...followed, of course, by a Ravens victory. Instead, I ended the day drunk and discouraged.

Here's something I'm sure nobody wants to think about, but if we don't sign Mark, where would you prefer to see him? I think the obvious answer in L.A. If he ends up in Washington, it would be insulting and embarrasing, but at least he'd be in the National League.

The absolute worst would be if he ended up in Boston. The thought of their jack*ss fans filling up Camden Yards wearing pink Teixiera jerseys makes me wanna puke. I honestly don't know if I would be able to attend any Boston games at OPACY if that happens.:angryfire:

One thing that does bother me...if the O's are still alive, shouldn't they put something out there (I'm thinking Roch's blog) disputing the ESPN crawl? That concerns me!:o

Also, to chime in on Greg's question, IF we lose out on Tex, and IF we trade Roberts, how in the blue hell is the Orioles PR department going to market this team for the casual fan to come to the yard?

The Examiner kind of did that already. But the O's want to make the national media look like they missed the boat on this one IMO, so Roch is only going to get info the FO wants him to hear.

And right now they are to quote Khan, "letting them eat static."

I think that is also part of plan A, but plan A has subpoints and subpoint 1. is Tex.

I would count on some serious progress being made with Kakes, and a decision on Roberts coming soon. The problem being trading Roberts and losing out on Tex is not going to help how much we have to pay to keep Kakes, which will limit money we have to bring in help. Baseball management is so cyclical.

I would explore Sherrill to a few teams, I know the Mets could use a lefty out the pen. If we do lose out on Tex, might as well explore Huff too, get something for the guys we are going to lose anyway, and pay what it takes to keep the guys that want to stay.

Sherrill and Huff definitely. They have to maximize value at this point, and what Huff did last year is pretty much his peak. And lefty relievers always have inflated value.

In terms of maximizing value, Roberts needs to be included on this list as well. Really, IF the O's are in contention mode in '11 or '12, what will Roberts really be contributing at that point?

Sherrill and Huff definitely. They have to maximize value at this point, and what Huff did last year is pretty much his peak. And lefty relievers always have inflated value.

In terms of maximizing value, Roberts needs to be included on this list as well. Really, IF the O's are in contention mode in '11 or '12, what will Roberts really be contributing at that point?

.270 hitter

15-20 SB

OBP around... .340? .330?

4 HRs

In decline, anybodies guess though.

Archived