The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=mlb&id=bos&tid=4005317&lid=10

Not sure if this has been posted' date=' but this guy is claiming to be pretty sure of himself that Mark Teixeira will be an Oriole on a 9yr deal...

BTW, it hasn't been reported that Baltimore was out the Teixeira sweeps, just that they had lowest offer to date & it was being dwarfed by offers from other clubs...Go O's!!![/quote']

Good lord folks, I know this is a difficult story to follow, but it is even more difficult with several people posting the same things. If it is more than an hour or so old, chances are, it has been posted. Sorry if this comes off as terse, but it has been posted several times.

Yeah its been talked about.

The contract this guy mentions seems like a reasonable winning-bid, but that's about the closest thing this guy has to any credibility. Believe at your own risk.

Sorry for the re-hash...:o

However, there is a new thread starting that has MacPhail saying they haven't given-up...Go O's!!!

I agree, I've said all along that the average fan won't like traded Roberts.

Tex/Roberts/Markakis could really sell some tickets.

Roberts/Markakis will at least keep us close to where we were last year.

Exactly. All the more reason to trade him.

As frustrating as it might sound, fan favorites don't necessarily equal pennants. If the Teixeira thing falls through, I think it's vital for the Orioles to trade their peaked assets now, and Roberts (along with Huff and Sherrill) fall into that category.

Understood, but doesn't that basically say we are giving up on this season? What do you tell the season ticket holders and the fan base at-large?

My favorite show and I was inspired the AVs of Peace and DwightShrute, so I made the change a few days ago. That is awesome that you sat behind him at a game, I never run into anyone recognizable. You should start a thread about people who ran into celebs at ballparks. Clear our minds for a bit.

And late 20s so close enough. :)

lol. Yes it is one of my two favorite shows on television. And if you start the thread, I'll be able to have a few more stories- although they werent all at ballparks.

Stop the insanity!!!!

Another guy on the Red Sox Espn Board just reported

Tex to Orioles - 9yrs. $270million!!!!!

I just can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=mlb&id=bos&tid=4005907&lid=1

He says this

9 years, $270 million, opt-out after 3.

Bwahahahahahahaha! If the O's do that, they might have to sign 24 of us for the rest of the roster

Archived