The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at first, this whole "threads = star wars" thing was just a joke to me, but the more i think about it, the more and more it seems to follow them.

the only sane course of action would to be to post enough to get to Part VI, The Return of the Oriole!!!! Come now people, let's pick this thing up!!! (my logic clearly has no holes in it :D)

I did not realize that bigbird was referring to today, i took it to mean that its been on lockdown since McPhail was hired. If they are being extra secretive today, that could be indicative of something brewing?

I have been on here all day and the only thing I saw was someone quoting an old bigbird post (my impression was that it was old, i did not try to find it) since AM had been hired. I do not think anyone said it has been on lockdown today. Regardless, how would the warehouse being quiet prevent Roch and Schmuck from posting?

I have been on here all day and the only thing I saw was someone quoting an old bigbird post (my impression was that it was old, i did not try to find it) since AM had been hired. I do not think anyone said it has been on lockdown today. Regardless, how would the warehouse being quiet prevent Roch and Schmuck from posting?

It shouldn't. But if I was the FO and something was brewing I wouldn't want Roch or Schmuck airing it in the media.

I just spent the past half hour getting "caught up" only to find that there isn't a damn bit of news in this thread anymore. I think we have exhausted everything there is to say about Tex. Its now a wait and see game.

Likewise on the catching up.....and wondering who are all these posters, and where the hell did they come from?

If Teixeira can generate this much interest on a baseball board, it makes you wonder how that might translate to attendence at Camden Yards?

Schmuck and Roch are super quiet today. No chatter?

Normally I would read into stuff like this, but not anymore. Especially with Andy Mcphail running the ship.

I would like to know, and I guess this is why he is so good at his job, how he and other GM's can go about their day and play hardball with agents and such, when they know other GM's are in continual contact with other agents and such. It must take nerves of steel to say the least.

I find it fascinating and would love to know the dynamic behind all of this.

I am actually bored with this entire affair in the sense that it has played out for far too long IMHO, and has been sliced and diced and parsed ad NAUSEUM, and still nothing, nada, zip. It's his life though so i guess he and Boras will take as much time as they feel warranted.

Normally I would read into stuff like this, but not anymore. Especially with Andy Mcphail running the ship.

I would like to know, and I guess this is why he is so good at his job, how he and other GM's can go about their day and play hardball with agents and such, when they know other GM's are in continual contact with other agents and such. It must take nerves of steel to say the least.

I find it fascinating and would love to know the dynamic behind all of this.

Have you read Moneyball?

at first, this whole "threads = star wars" thing was just a joke to me, but the more i think about it, the more and more it seems to follow them.

the only sane course of action would to be to post enough to get to Part VI, The Return of the Oriole!!!! Come now people, let's pick this thing up!!! (my logic clearly has no holes in it :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7AX7womBQ

For your viewing enjoyment!

Archived