Teixeira Watch: Part VIII- Decisions, Decisions

Greg Pappas

Sometimes you have to wonder what the difference in quality of life there is between someone who will make $160M over the next decade when compared to someone who will make $180-200M. I mean, do you have to settle for a disappointing 25-bedroom house?

Can anybody relate to this? I completely understand the idea of someone saying "I want to be well off for the rest of my life, care for my family, and provide them with the best the world has to offer". I just dont understand how $160M wont get you what $200M will.

With that way of thinking, settling for $60 million will probably get you pretty much what $200 million. Obviously, the egos involved want to be the highest (or second highest) paid player because most stars have more money than they will ever need.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why does it say nothing about us...?

The article does mention the Orioles. And the "family, geography" comments does connect to the Orioles. Just read between the lines, people. I really think it's between the O's, Nats, and Red Sox.

Did Gammons need a source to figure this out?

Everyone is pretty close.

If they weren't close, Boras would put it out there that they are down to however many teams to increase the level of importance for the remaining teams. That is just how he works. Until Boras says someone is out of it, they are not, and I'm pretty sure I don't recall Boras saying the O's were out of the running.

Yea, we may have but its not public if we have, which is why the media isn't taking them seriously at this point.

Give that man a prize. If the O's seriously hadn't upped their offer from whatever the reported was, with all of these other reports out there, it would have come out that we were out of it by now. Let them not take us seriously, I refuse to count us out until Tex has signed with another team.

Give that man a prize. If the O's seriously hadn't upped their offer from whatever the reported was, with all of these other reports out there, it would have come out that we were out of it by now. Let them not take us seriously, I refuse to count us out until Tex has signed with another team.

Amen. Me either. I am still believing that Tex will sign with the Orioles based on what I've seen so far. Angels on West Coast (pass). Red Sox (walking out of the meeting and the past with Tex/Red Sox). Nationals (even worse than the Orioles). So it's really just the Orioles. But...... that is wishful thinking.

Even so, I am still believing.

"It is believed the organization has been pitching Teixeira, known for his intelligence at the plate and diligence off the field, on the notion that the club has the potential to follow in the Rays' golden path. On a clear day in D.C., they apparently can see themselves vaulting from worst to first by placing Teixeira in a mix that includes the likes of Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge and Josh Willingham."

There is no way Tex believes this crap.

Archived