Latest Mock Has Elias Screwing Up Another 1st Rd Pick

Keith Law also has the O's passing on Druw Jones, in this case to take Jacob Barry, a promising hitter who will probably wind up as a DH:

https://theathletic.com/3317893/2022/05/19/mlb-mock-draft-jacob-berry/

I don't know whether these mocks are just assuming that Elias will cut a pre-draft deal with a lower ranked prospect based on his most recent 2 drafts, or whether there is actual intelligence suggesting that's the way the O's are leaning.  Personally I just want them to take Druw Jones.    

27 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

So are you ripping Elias for a hypothetical pick of the (supposedly) consensus best player available, or for a hypothetical pick of someone else that some mock draft article suggests?

I am:) I just know he’s going to screw it up and preparing for disappointment now to reduce the impact rage on draft day:)

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I am:) I just know he’s going to screw it up and preparing for disappointment now to reduce the impact rage on draft day:)

I've long since moved on to eviscerating the Orioles' hypothetical GM for his nonsensical evaluation of the 2048 draft pool. 

• Haha 3

I really don't think the Nationals are the team the O's want to emulate. They are in largely the same situation the Orioles were in at the end of the Buck era. Neglected farm that's pretty awful, horribly bloated contracts to majorly declining vets and an embarrassing ML product. I mean even Cavalli who is their top prospect is looking like a total bust. They had a more valuable player to trade at the deadline than the Orioles did but I don't think either of the players they got will be stars. Gray has the best shot but Ruiz just has 0 power which I just don't think is going to play going forward. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LTO's said:

I really don't think the Nationals are the team the O's want to emulate. They are in largely the same situation the Orioles were in at the end of the Buck era. Neglected farm that's pretty awful, horribly bloated contracts to majorly declining vets and an embarrassing ML product. I mean even Cavalli who is their top prospect is looking like a total bust. They had a more valuable player to trade at the deadline than the Orioles did but I don't think either of the players they got will be stars. Gray has the best shot but Ruiz just has 0 power which I just don't think is going to play going forward. 

Not emulate but Rizzo comes from a scouting background and judging by WAR, might be one of the best ever.

5 hours ago, LTO's said:

The only thing I want to emulate from the Nationals is the much richer owner who is more willing to spend.