Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I thought you just being on this board was your claim to fame.

Oh yeah. Tom Cruise was my brush with fame.  I once saw Hugh Grant crossing the street in NY and said "Hey Hugh" which sounds a lot like "Hey you!".  He totally ignored me.  Same thing with Martina Hingas with her bodyguards walking in NYC after being ousted from the NY Open in tennis.  That's about it.

Wait!  Ate at Rusty Staub's restaurant in NYC and he stopped at the table to say hi.  Seemed like a really nice guy.

Hung with sweet Lou Piniella at his bar/restaurant at a mall in NJ.  Also seemed like a regular guy.  Yeah, that's about it.  Unless I remember a few more!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kind of pissed that I missed his 3 hit outburst but not so pissed when I remind myself that I went to go see the new Top Gun movie and how awesome it was.

Maverick>Adley Rutschman 

I saw it in 4DX. Moving seats, wind, mist, snow..

It was awesome 

• Upvote 1

I also saw the Top Gun movie tonight.  It was good, but Adley has a higher ceiling with no chance of going below the hard deck.

My one criticism of the movie: the supporting actors had such short dialogue.  I don't think Goose's kid ever spoke more than one sentence at a time.

Adley is going to rip sh*t up moving forward.

10 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Oh yeah. Tom Cruise was my brush with fame.  I once saw Hugh Grant crossing the street in NY and said "Hey Hugh" which sounds a lot like "Hey you!".  He totally ignored me.  Same thing with Martina Hingas with her bodyguards walking in NYC after being ousted from the NY Open in tennis.  That's about it.

Wait!  Ate at Rusty Staub's restaurant in NYC and he stopped at the table to say hi.  Seemed like a really nice guy.

Hung with sweet Lou Piniella at his bar/restaurant at a mall in NJ.  Also seemed like a regular guy.  Yeah, that's about it.  Unless I remember a few more!

As a kid, I got Muhammed Ali’s autograph while he was eating in the same restaurant we were in, and I got to shake Ted Williams’ hand in the dugout when he was manager of the Washington Senators after I was named “honorary batboy” for one game by getting my name picked out of a drum.   I was 13 at the time, and as far as I was concerned, I shook hands with a God.   

When I was 12, Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.  His son enrolled at my junior high school that fall, and my friend and I were serving as hall guides at parent/teacher night when Armstrong showed up.  My friend spotted him, walked down the hall, “accidentally” bumped into him and came back to me and exclaimed, “I touched a man who touched the moon!”   Pretty cool, when you think about it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As a kid, I got Muhammed Ali’s autograph while he was eating in the same restaurant we were in, and I got to shake Ted Williams’ hand when he was manager of the Washington Senators after I was named “honorary batboy” for one game by getting my name picked out of a drum.   I was 13 at the time, and as far as I was concerned, I shook hands with a God.   

When I was 12, Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.  His son enrolled at my junior high school that fall, and my friend and I were serving as hall guides at parent/teacher night when Armstrong showed up.  My friend spotted him, walked down the hall, “accidentally” bumped into him and came back to me and exclaimed, “I touched a man who touched the moon!”   Pretty cool, when you think about it.  

You should have slugged your friend.  That way you could have punched a guy who touched a man who touched the moon.  Pretty cool, when you think about it.

Almost as if you punched the moon yourself and who hasn't wanted to punch the moon at some point?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You should have slugged your friend.  That way you could have punched a guy who touched a man who touched the moon.  Pretty cool, when you think about it.

Almost as if you punched the moon yourself and who hasn't wanted to punch the moon at some point?

Or, I could just punch you.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Frobby said:

As a kid, I got Muhammed Ali’s autograph while he was eating in the same restaurant we were in, and I got to shake Ted Williams’ hand in the dugout when he was manager of the Washington Senators after I was named “honorary batboy” for one game by getting my name picked out of a drum.   I was 13 at the time, and as far as I was concerned, I shook hands with a God.   

I met Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day. Not sure if he is related to Neil.He was eating lunch before a gig in the area  I asked him if he wrote Anerican Idiot about me.

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I met Brooks Robinson twice (got his autograph both times) Rod Carew twice, Paul Blair, Richie Hebner, Bill Singer, Len Sakata, Floyd Raford and Aretha Franklin, Bob Denver (of Gilligan's Island fame) and Joyce DeWitt.  (Also, the Dali Lama.  He said upon my death I would achieve instant enlightenment so I've got that going for me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

I met Brooks Robinson twice (got his autograph both times) Rod Carew twice, Paul Blair, Richie Hebner, Bill Singer, Len Sakata, Floyd Raford and Aretha Franklin, Bob Denver (of Gilligan's Island fame) and Joyce DeWitt.  (Also, the Dali Lama.  He said upon my death I would achieve instant enlightenment so I've got that going for me. 

Instant karma is gonna get you 

42 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

You met Joyce Dewitt?  Wow, that’s a big one!  Not!!!

21 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

You met Joyce Dewitt?  Wow, that’s a big one!  Not!!!

Joyce DeWitt was completely random.  I live in Charleston, WV... not exactly a metropolis.  Walked in to a restaurant right after work with my girlfriend a few years ago and there she was sitting at the bar with a friend.  My girlfriend recognized her immediately and desperately wanted a picture.  So, me being me, I went up and asked and she said "of course."  Her friend was living in Charleston and Joyce made a detour to see her.