Adley is in the Show!

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I agree the one thing that stood about Wieters right away was him being slow at running, moving and his bat speed. Adley by comparison looks like he has above average speed for a catcher and his bat speed has been good. 

If Adley can be a .280 hitter with 50 extra base hits a season during his prime years, I'll be more than satisfied. 

Eighth out of 66.  Faster than Bemboom.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/sprint_speed?min_season=2022&max_season=2022&position=2&team=&min=10

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Better athlete..not as robotic, more fluid. Better swing.  More bat speed.  Faster. 

I'd agree he's faster/better athlete.  That's encouraging.

I'm still not sold he's a better catcher or hitter though.  I'm hopeful that's true, but I think it's way too early (and depends on a real revisionist history) to say after 3 weeks of play that there's some night and day difference.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm pretty sure I remember the Six Million Dollar Man being more robotic.

Wasn't there a Six Million Dollar woman. Thought it was Farrah Fawcett but I think that was his wife.

Always made sense to show a guy going super fast in slow motion but I guess when you are six ,you are easily impressed  

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Wasn't there a Six Million Dollar woman. Thought it was Farrah Fawcett but I think that was his wife.

Always made sense to show a guy going super fast in slow motion but I guess when you are six ,you are easily impressed  

It was the Bionic Woman.

Lindsey Wagner if I recall correctly.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

You're thinking of The Bionic Woman with Lindsay Wagner which was a spinoff of The Six Million Dollar Man

51L9LCoJO0L.jpg

3 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Certainly the worst in the last 5 years or so... there was that one post Old#5Fan had about someone "not having a good baseball name."   

That was Hayden Penn, and he did end up being a bust, I don’t know how to determine if his name played a factor though. 

• Haha 1