FCL Orioles begin Monday June 6 at Noon

waynebug

1 hour ago, waynebug said:

Only 1 Orioles team this year.

Astros the only organization with 2 teams

Interesting.  I think they can pretty much field a full team, no problem, just with Latin prospects.   Would have been a challenge with two teams.

1B 

2B Bencosme

SS Hernandez

3B Delosantos 

C Basallo

LF Acevedo

CF Lara

RF Feliciano

DH Gonzalez

I assume we haven’t seen an official roster yet.   In any event, I love having some box scores to check in the middle of the afternoon—whenever it isn’t raining down there!  So, I’m looking forward to the DSL and FCL seasons.

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, RZNJ said:

Interesting.  I think they can pretty much field a full team, no problem, just with Latin prospects.   Would have been a challenge with two teams.

1B 

2B Bencosme

SS Hernandez

3B Delosantos 

C Basallo

LF Acevedo

CF Lara

RF Feliciano

DH Gonzalez

Pretty close.  No Feliciano. Anthony Servideo and Raul Rangel sightings.  Both listed as active. 

https://www.milb.com/florida-complex/roster/599

On 6/1/2022 at 11:59 AM, glenn__davis said:

Perhaps less than a week until an official Kjerstad sighting??

Always love quoting myself!

I thought I had read that Kjerstad might see some FCL action but according this MASN post it sounds like not.  Just "Delmarva later this month."

So, more waiting for now.  

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/talking-about-the-draft-kjerstad-g-rod-watkins-and-the-pen

You can never read too much into where players play in their debuts since the Orioles love to move guys around like blackjack dealer moves cards, but the only surprise in the FCL opening day lineup with Anderson De Los Santos starting at DH while Rolphie Cruz played 3B. 

I would have figured De los Santos would have been the priority play at 3B. I'm sure he will have some playing time there but just a little surprise as you would think the better prospect would get the opening day gig.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Feliciano is "repeating" in the DSL today.

Lots of 2021 dsl names on today's DSL rosters.  Feliciano is the biggest bonus baby on his 2nd go round.  $400,000.

Well his .202/.312/.353/.665 was not exactly eye opening last year but then again, neither was Maikol Hernández's  .231/.340/.308/.647 but he's in Florida. 

Junior Lara and Angel Tejada are on the roster but didn't make the opening day roster over two repeats in Gonzalez and Acevedo.

Weird roster additions to the FCL roster:
Dax Stubbs made the FCL team after slashing .079/.294/.079/.373 last year as an 18-year old in the DSL.
Yonatan Pineda made the team despite a 10.57 and walking 23 in 15.1 IP in the DSL last year. He's 20 years old now.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Weird roster additions to the FCL roster:
Dax Stubbs made the FCL team after slashing .079/.294/.079/.373 last year as an 18-year old in the DSL.
Yonatan Pineda made the team despite a 10.57 and walking 23 in 15.1 IP in the DSL last year. He's 20 years old now.

Who doesn’t love a guy named Dax Stubbs!
Unusual twist coming up from DSL.   Sounds more like a Texarkana kind of guy.   (Pardon my stereotypes)