Some Os players will miss the Toronto series

Sports Guy

15 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

I think you're correct. The article I saw said:

"Unvaccinated Canadians will be able to fly domestically and abroad as of June 20 as the Trudeau government suspends proof-of-vaccination requirements for travel."

"Incoming foreigners, however, will still have to be vaccinated against Covid-19 if they hope to enter the country."

Maybe Trudeau is a Blue Jays fan.  He's doing his best to help them.

• Upvote 1

Pretty satisfying series split if you ask me.  Game 1 was a disaster, but after that we had a lot of offense, dominated the Jays twice and had a great comeback in the other game even though we lost eventually.   We have struggled in the Rogers Centre (2-8 there last season), so a split feels pretty good, especially with Santander and Akin out and Mancini missing three games.   

5 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Now, that's the Kevin Gausman I remember. Sure Gausman will have his good stretches, but he also has his stretches like today where he's ineffective.

I mean, he's still at a 2.67 ERA and a 1.76 FIP after two seasons, one sub 4 ERA and the other sub 3, with FIPs of 3.09 and 3.00. 

He's turned into a damn good pitcher, last night's start notwithstanding. Don't think the fact that it happened to come against us changes that fact much. 

Extremely impressed by this club. I'm watching better baseball in 2022 and I'm not as irritated. Lol. Like Moose said, I wonder if the Orioles take 3 out of 4 if the O's have Santander and Mancini. Anyway, great series and a good road trip by going 4-4. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Flash- bd said:

I mean, he's still at a 2.67 ERA and a 1.76 FIP after two seasons, one sub 4 ERA and the other sub 3, with FIPs of 3.09 and 3.00. 

He's turned into a damn good pitcher, last night's start notwithstanding. Don't think the fact that it happened to come against us changes that fact much. 

No, but I’m glad it came against us.  

14 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Split 2-2 and got to extras in one of the losses. Good competitive series against a division rival. I believe we are a game over .500 since that losing streak in May.

We played perfectly well without Santander and Akin.  I wouldn't complain if those two just stayed on "vacation".  We don't need them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, yark14 said:

We played perfectly well without Santander and Akin.  I wouldn't complain if those two just stayed on "vacation".  We don't need them.

And this post is about baseball? Please ding, admins.

5 hours ago, Beysbol said:

Extremely impressed by this club. I'm watching better baseball in 2022 and I'm not as irritated. Lol. Like Moose said, I wonder if the Orioles take 3 out of 4 if the O's have Santander and Mancini. Anyway, great series and a good road trip by going 4-4. 

Not directly on the topic of players missing for the same reason that Akin and Santander were, but, how much better would this team be with Means and Rodriguez?  Injuries happen to every team and the lack of higher level pitching depth is an issue that Elias has failed to address, either through the draft or higher end free agent acquisitions.  Having said that, losing your best starting pitcher and best starting pitching prospect on a team that has to face the AL East is devastating.  I would really like to see Hall pitching into the 6th inning in less than 100 pitches some time soon.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Not directly on the topic of players missing for the same reason that Akin and Santander were, but, how much better would this team be with Means and Rodriguez?  Injuries happen to every team and the lack of higher level pitching depth is an issue that Elias has failed to address, either through the draft or higher end free agent acquisitions.  Having said that, losing your best starting pitcher and best starting pitching prospect on a team that has to face the AL East is devastating.  I would really like to see Hall pitching into the 6th inning in less than 100 pitches some time soon.

There are a ton of pitching injuries throughout MLB.  However, if you want to know why the Yankees have been so good this year, look at their starting rotation.  Their five guys have made all but three of the Yankees’ 63 starts.  And, their ERAs range from 1.94 to 3.33.   

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There are a ton of pitching injuries throughout MLB.  However, if you want to know why the Yankees have been so good this year, look at their starting rotation.  Their five guys have made all but three of the Yankees’ 63 starts.  And, their ERAs range from 1.94 to 3.33.   

Yep, Severino was scratched last night and put on the Covid list, so it was all but two until then I guess.   (He has since tested negative but is actually feeling quite sick with whatever he has got.   Question:  Does he still get to stay on the Covid list which allows you to be activated at any time, or does he have to come off the Covid list and if he is too sick to pitch, be placed on the regular IL, now that he has tested negative?)

One of Tampa's great years in the late 20teens they had a similar story, where 5 starters made the huge majority of their starts.   When that can happen for a full season, you are in very good shape indeed.