Saturday June 11 vs Royals

SteveA

I'm honestly convinced until they can move on from this core they will lose. There is talent in the Mullins, Mountcastle, Mancini, Santander, and Hays group, but they have always lost. They are the kinds of guys that just do just enough to lose. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Honestly, just the Orioles playing like the Orioles. Hard to get too upset when the team is 18.5 games out of 1st place on June 11th once again. 

Don't worry they are just going to flick it on like a switch and suddenly be playofff bound.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm honestly convinced until they can move on from this core they will lose. There is talent in the Mullins, Mountcastle, Mancini, Santander, and Hays group, but they have always lost. They are the kinds of guys that just do just enough to lose. 

So you're saying the Orioles would be better if they just had different, better players?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Don't worry they are just going to flick it on like a switch and suddenly be playofff bound.

You aren't telling me anything I don't know. After the disappointment of our minor league prospects for the most part outside of Henderson, Rodriguez before the injury, and Stowers and Westburg to a lesser extent, and the whole Angelos ordeal that shows this team is not going to spend anytime soon, I don't see a light at the end of this awful tunnel. 

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

So you're saying the Orioles would be better if they just had different, better players?

No, I'm saying that these guys are have some talent, are not winners. They never won in the minors leagues and they've been on God awful major league teams. When you watch them, they don't do the little things very good. They'll make dumb base running mistakes or they throw to the wrong base, or they'll all go into slumps at the same time. 

I see guys that are immature who accept losing and failure. It doesn't piss them off. I don't think they like it because no one likes to lose, but it doesn't piss them off. 

I think you need guys that hate to lose, who hate to fail. You need guys that expect to win. None of these guys are those guys despite having talent.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You aren't telling me anything I don't know. After the disappointment of our minor league prospects for the most part outside of Henderson, Rodriguez before the injury, and Stowers and Westburg to a lesser extent, and the whole Angelos ordeal that shows this team is not going to spend anytime soon, I don't see a light at the end of this awful tunnel. 

I just want to see a prospect come up and bust out similar to Tatis Jr., but being an Orioles fan means it don't come easy. Top prospect in baseball is struggling at the moment and the top pitching prospect in MLB is now on the IL. 

I think Gunnar has the best chance to come up and produce out of the gate, but the soonest he will be called up is sometime after the start of the 2023 season.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I just want to see a prospect come up and bust out similar to Tatis Jr., but being an Orioles fan means it don't come easy. Top prospect in baseball is struggling at the moment and the top pitching prospect in MLB is now on the IL. 

I think Gunnar has the best chance to come up and produce out of the gate, but the soonest he will be called up is sometime after the start of the 2023 season.

At the moment he's two for three!